PTU 3.18 Available (Wave 3 / Open PTU!)

Leofev

Commander
Nov 29, 2022
RSI Handle
LemmingOfEvil
New patch for 3.18 out:

Back to testing!

Edit: Nix on the testing, not gonna sit in line behind 768 other people.

Edit: TIL that the game can time you out from sitting in the queue too long. Fun stuff.

Last edited:

Pistol

Commander
Donor
Dec 12, 2022
RSI Handle
Pistol
I almost certainly had a CPU bottle neck with Star Citizen and I have to say 3.18 runs much smoother overall with less stuttering and much more of a consistent framerate. Unfortunately only the US servers have been up at the moment so all that is being drowned out by the lag I have connecting to the US.
But I'm hopeful once 3.18 hits LIVE next year SC will run a bit better!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Gave it another go servers seeme faster but people still haivng lots of problems and after crashing twice I gave up.

Will wait for PU next year.

Leofev

Commander
Nov 29, 2022
RSI Handle
LemmingOfEvil
The just pumped out a second patch within a few minutes of the first one released for today. Time to dive back in. Oh yippee.

Leofev

Commander
Nov 29, 2022
RSI Handle
LemmingOfEvil
Looks like patches have resumed for the PTU for the new Year! Time to dive back in.

Reactions: CosmicTrader

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
So just in case you weren't already paying attention, I'll say this much, CIG has been incredibly fast at crushing all of the bugs/issues on the 3.18 PTU recently! Since we rolled into 2023, they've now pushed out 5 new PTU patches, each of which has just been chock full of fixes; 46 on the one that came out today! Some of the same old issues that never get fixed are still there of course (widescreen chat, damnit!), but I'm seriously impressed with the rapidity of their work here on things recently, and feel it's worth noting! Check it out:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Soooo, what should I be checkin out?
I already tried cart racing on Orison (don't work, cart keeps blowing up just from clipping kurbs and despawning wheels randomly lol)
I know there is salvage which I will try
I know there are some ship racetracks to try? Where, how many?
What else is new?

Leofev

Commander
Nov 29, 2022
RSI Handle
LemmingOfEvil
Soooo, what should I be checkin out?
I already tried cart racing on Orison (don't work, cart keeps blowing up just from clipping kurbs and despawning wheels randomly lol)
I know there is salvage which I will try
I know there are some ship racetracks to try? Where, how many?
What else is new?
In your contract manager will be a mission to get you started with racing, a time-trial qualifier just outside of Lorville. I'm not sure what comes after, as my Merlin randomly decided to self-detonate on checkpoint 15 of 16 on the track.

Things to note on prison gameplay: there is a mission that if you complete while escaping will wipe your crimestat clean. And if you are looking to wipe your crimestat out outside of prison, SPK is the only place to do this at CS 3+.

Before reaching CS 3, you can pay off fines at a terminal (or turn yourself in). Also, ports won't shoot you on-sight and should allow you to land to use those terminals.

Cargo System RefactorAvenger Titan 3.2 sale Titan 10-Squashed.jpg
This refactor of the ship cargo system will allow both found and purchased cargo to be picked up, moved around, and placed into the cargo grid of a ship.
Persistent Entity StreamingPESroadmap.png
Implementation of the Persistent Entity Streaming core technology into Star Citizen. Making use of services such as the Entity Graph and Replication Layer, this will allow every dynamic object in the game to fully persist across all servers, irrelevant of whether it is owned or held by a player.
Salvage Hull StrippingVulture Salvaging Concept.jpg
The first implementation of Salvage into the persistent universe, which includes both hull stripping as well as repair. This will include both performing hull stripping and repairs by hand, as well as hull stripping using the systems aboard the Drake Vulture and Aegis Reclaimer.
Drake VultureVulture Flying Concept.jpg
Building, balancing, and implementing Drake Interplanetary's light salvage ship, the Vulture, into the game.
Pyro RYT Multi-Tool salvage attachment.Pyro RYT - On black background - Front Left.png
Designing and creating the multi-tool salvage attachment. Includes asset creation, animation, and balancing.
Daymar Crash SiteDaymarCrashSite.png
A derelict settlement on Daymar using parts of the StarRunner & 600i, as well as some habs adapted to the biome, to create a point of interest with some type of activity (puzzle, traversal, hostile AI, missions, etc.) as well as rewards for completion.
New Rivers in StantonRiversV2RM.png
Setting up biome-specific object rulesets around bodies of water and distributing those by placing additional rivers and lakes on microTech and Hurston.
Sand Cave ArchetypeSand-Caves-Lighting-Pass.jpg
Establishing the visual language, creation pipeline and quality standard for a new sand cave archetype. With this release, cave networks using this archetype will be placed throughout the Stanton system.
Arena Commander: Classic Race Mode OverhaulRaceOverhaulRM.jpg
A complete overhaul of all systems and maps in Arena Commander's Classic Race Mode. Improvements include a complete refactor of the Checkpoint entity & race manager system, improvements to scoring, a complete rework of all three New Horizon Speedway maps, as well as a new map, The Snake Pit.
Sandbox Prison ActivitiesSandboxPrisonRM.png
Expansion of prison gameplay with a new suite of missions and sandbox activities to give inmates more opportunities to earn merits or to aid in their escape from prison.
Security Post Kareah ReactivationKareahRM.png
Security Post Kareah will be taking a more central role in Stanton's security. Crusader Security have moved in a full-time staff and have begun storing confiscated contraband aboard. The station will be off limits to all civilians, unless given prior authorization.
New Missions - OrisonISC 063022B.jpg
Bounty, Assassinate, Clear All and other missions to take place on the platforms created for Siege of Orison which, in future, will be distributed across the planet of Crusader to create further content.
New Interdiction ScenariosInterdictionRM.png
Adding new variations and difficulty levels of interdiction scenarios that players will come across while quantum traveling.
Environmental Space Missions135c UpgradeBanner.jpg
Implementation of new missions and scenarios that the player will encounter as they wander around an area of space. The missions that appear will be based on the Probability Volumes that the player is currently in.

Drowez

Captain
Jan 8, 2023
RSI Handle
Drowez
In your contract manager will be a mission to get you started with racing, a time-trial qualifier just outside of Lorville. I'm not sure what comes after, as my Merlin randomly decided to self-detonate on checkpoint 15 of 16 on the track.

Things to note on prison gameplay: there is a mission that if you complete while escaping will wipe your crimestat clean. And if you are looking to wipe your crimestat out outside of prison, SPK is the only place to do this at CS 3+.

Before reaching CS 3, you can pay off fines at a terminal (or turn yourself in). Also, ports won't shoot you on-sight and should allow you to land to use those terminals.

Cargo System RefactorAvenger Titan 3.2 sale Titan 10-Squashed.jpg
This refactor of the ship cargo system will allow both found and purchased cargo to be picked up, moved around, and placed into the cargo grid of a ship.
Persistent Entity StreamingPESroadmap.png
Implementation of the Persistent Entity Streaming core technology into Star Citizen. Making use of services such as the Entity Graph and Replication Layer, this will allow every dynamic object in the game to fully persist across all servers, irrelevant of whether it is owned or held by a player.
Salvage Hull StrippingVulture Salvaging Concept.jpg
The first implementation of Salvage into the persistent universe, which includes both hull stripping as well as repair. This will include both performing hull stripping and repairs by hand, as well as hull stripping using the systems aboard the Drake Vulture and Aegis Reclaimer.
Drake VultureVulture Flying Concept.jpg
Building, balancing, and implementing Drake Interplanetary's light salvage ship, the Vulture, into the game.
Pyro RYT Multi-Tool salvage attachment.Pyro RYT - On black background - Front Left.png
Designing and creating the multi-tool salvage attachment. Includes asset creation, animation, and balancing.
Daymar Crash SiteDaymarCrashSite.png
A derelict settlement on Daymar using parts of the StarRunner & 600i, as well as some habs adapted to the biome, to create a point of interest with some type of activity (puzzle, traversal, hostile AI, missions, etc.) as well as rewards for completion.
New Rivers in StantonRiversV2RM.png
Setting up biome-specific object rulesets around bodies of water and distributing those by placing additional rivers and lakes on microTech and Hurston.
Sand Cave ArchetypeSand-Caves-Lighting-Pass.jpg
Establishing the visual language, creation pipeline and quality standard for a new sand cave archetype. With this release, cave networks using this archetype will be placed throughout the Stanton system.
Arena Commander: Classic Race Mode OverhaulRaceOverhaulRM.jpg
A complete overhaul of all systems and maps in Arena Commander's Classic Race Mode. Improvements include a complete refactor of the Checkpoint entity & race manager system, improvements to scoring, a complete rework of all three New Horizon Speedway maps, as well as a new map, The Snake Pit.
Sandbox Prison ActivitiesSandboxPrisonRM.png
Expansion of prison gameplay with a new suite of missions and sandbox activities to give inmates more opportunities to earn merits or to aid in their escape from prison.
Security Post Kareah ReactivationKareahRM.png
Security Post Kareah will be taking a more central role in Stanton's security. Crusader Security have moved in a full-time staff and have begun storing confiscated contraband aboard. The station will be off limits to all civilians, unless given prior authorization.
New Missions - OrisonISC 063022B.jpg
Bounty, Assassinate, Clear All and other missions to take place on the platforms created for Siege of Orison which, in future, will be distributed across the planet of Crusader to create further content.
New Interdiction ScenariosInterdictionRM.png
Adding new variations and difficulty levels of interdiction scenarios that players will come across while quantum traveling.
Environmental Space Missions135c UpgradeBanner.jpg
Implementation of new missions and scenarios that the player will encounter as they wander around an area of space. The missions that appear will be based on the Probability Volumes that the player is currently in.

Lots of cool stuff on deck, can't wait to explore the new outposts!

Reactions: Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Just want to make this point: This is an incredibly useful thing if you forgot or lost your multi-tool. Saves a trip to find the thing for sale.
Just remember though, it's more expensive to manufacture one than to buy one - but in the middle of nowhere, at least you have a way forward without going to find a store. Time is money!

Forgot your password?