Question about joystick yawing

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
So I tried out my T.16000m FCS setup today, it'll take some getting used to but I think when I do it'll probably work out well. One thing I'm noticing though is that in the default joystick position the ship is gradually yawing to the right. I only really noticed it while I was flying and didn't think to compare, but I'll have to go back in tomorrow to see if it's just the weight of my hand (right handed) on the joystick or if it's doing it when my hand is off of it too. Is this normal with joysticks? Is there anything I can do to correct it?

Reactions: Deroth

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Pretty sure it's your hand the T16000m have very sensitive sensors in it with very high accuracy.

Try learn not to rest your hand on the out sticking part that look like a hand rest it is not a hand rest.

The function of that is to give you support when pulling stick to the right where is to left you don't have to have support since you push the hole stick.

It help giving a even precision to your stick movement, when pulling to right you can still use the other fingers with ease to operate buttons same as pushing to left you don't have to grab the stick.

Hold stick loosely there is no power needed to move it, most common mistake new to the stick does is over pushing so it eventually break in the heat of battle.

Start with gentle small movements so you learn the stick Min/Max/Twist angles and you have a stick that will give you a lot of very controlled movements with high precision.

CHEERS!

Last edited:
Reactions: Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Are you using one or two sticks?

Due to heavy use mine have a tendency to not perfectly re-center so I use a T.A.R.G.E.T. profile to slightly increase the dead zone.

Reactions: Mich Angel

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I'm using one stick. It's literally just out of the box though so it probably is me resting my hand on the doohickey on the side. Like I said, it was just one of the things I noticed while doing some free flight in arena commander, but I didn't stop to see if it was doing it while my hand was off of the joystick. Guess I just have to learn finesse lol

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yeh the don't last that long if you play a lot and then they wander around a bit at the dead zone.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I learned to fly in SC with the keyboard, and later with the keyboard and one T.16000m stick, same as you. I used to worry about settings, but you get used to it quickly. You also remember eventually not to fly with your hand weight resting on the stick. I have owned the Warthog, and a few other devices in the day - they all have their foibles, fan club and people who hate them.
My advice is, give it time to get used to the device, then go nuts.

Forgot your password?