Question around ccu

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
Hello

The subscriber email yesterday mentions Taurus which prompted some people to buy the upgrade to Taurus for $10

Why would they do this ? Some bought several

Just trying to get to grasps with all the terminology and reasoning behind some of the actions people take.

I’m aware that it was confirmed to be a typo and that the sub ship for October is the andromeda, so this question is just around the upgrade pledge.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Usually when a ship get released the price goes up, but buying CCU and melt to have for later won't work CCU follow the price changes.

Stand alone ship and packs don't, as if you buy a ship now melt it then it keep that price in your buyback regardless of how it change in price in store.

Once you buy it the price stay, only way to have CCU that don't change price is not to melt them and keep them in your account and think this is what they are doing.

Then they can sell them later or use em them self....

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
So would they need to buy the $140 ship that they were upgrading from too ?
You can buy a CCU from any ship/vehicle that cost less to upgrade to one more expensive and that CCU work later regardless of price changes as long as you keep it in the web-hangar account.

When buying CCU you only pay for the price difference from ship you upgrade from to the ship you chosen to upgrade to, and you don't have to upgrade just because you have the CCU.

You can keep that CCU in your web-hangar account as long as you wish.

CHEERS! 🍻

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Think i understand now, I think.

Thanks for explaining.
You're welcome ask me any time if you got any doubts, I've done this a lot..

Can always reach me on TEST Discord even if it look like I'm offline I'm not I'm on mobile so any mess I answer asap I can. (Same icon and name as here)

🍻

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
It seems on Spectrum that the Taurus reference was a typo and they meant to put Andromeda.
Seem like a major ball drop to make that kind of typo, I’m sceptical

You're welcome ask me any time if you got any doubts, I've done this a lot..

Can always reach me on TEST Discord even if it look like I'm offline I'm not I'm on mobile so any mess I answer asap I can. (Same icon and name as here)

🍻
Appreciate that, some explanations I’ve found online aren’t always that clear.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Hello

The subscriber email yesterday mentions Taurus which prompted some people to buy the upgrade to Taurus for $10

Why would they do this ? Some bought several

Just trying to get to grasps with all the terminology and reasoning behind some of the actions people take.

I’m aware that it was confirmed to be a typo and that the sub ship for October is the andromeda, so this question is just around the upgrade pledge.
First off, which ship were they upgrading from? There would only be 3...Ballista, Hornet Tracker, or Vulture

As for why, IMHO, it's probably because the Taurus will be the biggest, most easily solo-able hauler out there currently (that will change with the Hull B/C)

yes, the Caterpillar can be soloed, but it's very big and a lot harder to handle than a Connie. Also you really need gunners on a Cat if you end up running into player pirates. The connie should hold 160-180 SCU's of Cargo, with my bet being closer to 160. While only 40 more than the MAX, that's still almost a whole Cutlass worth of cargo, and the extra is more than Freelancer MIS or DUR can handle.

It will also only need 2-4 crew to fully max out. Pilot, 1 Turret gunner, 1 co-pilot, and 1 security/engineer. This puts it very close to Freelancer specs...Can be soloed, but comes alive with 2-4 total. It's the idea small group of friends ship, but doesn't leave you without something to do if their spouses won't let your friends come out and play some night.

Just my 2 aUEC...

As for why get the CCU now? Umm, because it will probably be cheaper now than later. Expect at least a $10 increase in price, if not 15 when released. (based on MAX increase) That said, if you picked the vulture as your CCU vehicle, I would also be expecting a price increase there to when it's released, which could end up being released before the Taurus. Because of that, I could not consider it to be the best bet...

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
First off, which ship were they upgrading from? There would only be 3...Ballista, Hornet Tracker, or Vulture

As for why, IMHO, it's probably because the Taurus will be the biggest, most easily solo-able hauler out there currently (that will change with the Hull B/C)

yes, the Caterpillar can be soloed, but it's very big and a lot harder to handle than a Connie. Also you really need gunners on a Cat if you end up running into player pirates. The connie should hold 160-180 SCU's of Cargo, with my bet being closer to 160. While only 40 more than the MAX, that's still almost a whole Cutlass worth of cargo, and the extra is more than Freelancer MIS or DUR can handle.

It will also only need 2-4 crew to fully max out. Pilot, 1 Turret gunner, 1 co-pilot, and 1 security/engineer. This puts it very close to Freelancer specs...Can be soloed, but comes alive with 2-4 total. It's the idea small group of friends ship, but doesn't leave you without something to do if their spouses won't let your friends come out and play some night.

Just my 2 aUEC...

As for why get the CCU now? Umm, because it will probably be cheaper now than later. Expect at least a $10 increase in price, if not 15 when released. (based on MAX increase) That said, if you picked the vulture as your CCU vehicle, I would also be expecting a price increase there to when it's released, which could end up being released before the Taurus. Because of that, I could not consider it to be the best bet...

It was the Ballista they were upgrading from

Forgot your password?