[Question] Current difference between Anvil Hornet F7C vs Ghost

Loonetik

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Loonetik
Is there currently a difference in game between the Anvil Hornet F7C vs Ghost? Better armor?

I know there will be eventually but im wondering if I want to purchase the ghost now or wait.

Reactions: Beerjerker

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
Is there currently a difference in game between the Anvil Hornet F7C vs Ghost? Better armor?

I know there will be eventually but im wondering if I want to purchase the ghost now or wait.
The stealth stuff isn't fully implemented jet, but the Ghost comes with an other Powerplant, that is optimized for a low signature.

Also the F7c can be equipped with a Gimbaled top turret, while this is not possible on the Ghost.

So right now, the ghost already comes with some drawbacks, but it's benefits aren't fully implemted jet.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
They have different purposes. One is general purpose pew pew, the other is stealthy lurking pew pew.

Reactions: supitza

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Also the F7c can be equipped with a Gimbaled top turret, while this is not possible on the Ghost.
I've got the Ghost, you can put the F7c-M ball turret on it no problem. It salves to the pilot like the other gimbals, but as there is no second seat for the turret gunner to control it like in the F7c-M that is not an option.

At the moment the biggest difference between the F7c and the F7c-S variant is the colour.

Its supposed to have special armour while less tough is better able to resist scans and detection along with less loud components.

Also, while it has different components in the current alpha build changing components appears to have minimal effect so comparing now is of relatively low benefit.

I recommend spending some REC and renting them, compare them both with your own hands :)

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
you can also buy a flashfire mount that mounts on the hornet
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/voyager-direct/Weapon-Mounts/Hornet-Flashfire-Specialty-Mount

You loose the stealth, but would allow you extra guns or a turret, not sure if its functional in game yet though
Yep, got the Flashfire for my Ghost, fits S4, the Combine, Revanent, can even take an M6A off my Connie and fit it.

At present the signature of the ship does not change, but then the stealth has not yet been implemented - it could be the centre piece that gives the ship its stealth, however at the moment it is stated the ships armour and low signature components that give it the stealth edge. In the hangar the middle bit is called "[PH]Hornet Ghost Centre Cap [PH]" - I take it the PH means "Place Holder" - I do not think they have decided yet but would expect a package of extra stealth electronics to be fitted here... Maybe systems to change the returned signal if you are detected, maybe making it look like you are an Aurora not a Hornet, to deceive anyone looking for you...? Or if in Vanduul space making it look like you are a Scythe or something...?

Last edited:

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
One difference:
Stock Hornet (F7C) comes with dumbfire missiles which are next to useless. Ghost comes with the Marksman 1's like the Super Hornet, which are fast lock on for low damage (but enough to be effective against Vanduul and other small fighters).

Ghost can currently load the fixed s4 mount (rentable) or the turret from the Super, but you would have to rent or buy a Super to get the turret. Ghost can also load the stock Hornet's cargo box though it doesn't open or do anything yet. Otherwise, Ghost and stock are the same (hit points and shields). Maybe when stealth mechanics introduced, some differences will be implemented.

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
Missles mounts were removed from my tracker for 2.5. I'm not sure of the other models.
I know the SH kept the missles.
It doesn't look like the specs have changed so missles may become available again.
I would bet the SH gets some HUD changes soon.
The new HUD works well on others.
Missles are expensive to re-arm.

Forgot your password?