Quick Buy Back Question

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
In your account in "My Hangar" there is a section on the left called "Buy Back Pledges" for buy-backs where you can re-buy the stuff you have melted.

It's unlimited for new money so with fresh cash you can buy back every single thing you melted for store credits, but if you want to buy back with store credit you can only do it with a 'buyback token' which is renewed once ever 3 months, and it doesn't roll-over so you only ever have one at a time.

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
In your account in "My Hangar" there is a section on the left called "Buy Back Pledges" for buy-backs where you can re-buy the stuff you have melted.

It's unlimited for new money so with fresh cash you can buy back every single thing you melted for store credits, but if you want to buy back with store credit you can only do it with a 'buyback token' which is renewed once ever 3 months, and it doesn't roll-over so you only ever have one at a time.
small correction - some "exotic" packages can't be bought back ... usually exotics are packages with physical goods, really old discounted packages, etc.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Damn it... i just screw up my account hahahaha
Depending on what exactly it was, and if you haven't spent the credits yet, you MIGHT be able to get them to roll the melt back if you contact CIG.
Definitely contact CIG and ask about a rollback if you really did screw up something.

I was about to reply to your original post and just caution that, while you can monkey around a bit and re-arrange your packages to get more of what you now want, it is easy to get confused and wind up with something sub-optimal.

If you list what you have now, and what you want, we could suggest options & strategies for you. That might be easiest.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Unless you melted something you bought from 2014 (like a physical pledge) or an AMD promo or a $0 value pledge you won from a contest, you won't mess up your account. You can simply buyback anything you melt except for applied CCUs. If you want to keep a CCU for later, do not apply it. Once you apply it.. and melt it.. the base package goes to your buybacks and the total value of what you melted goes to your RSI credit ledger. You never lose any money for what you spent. You can lose VALUE such as when an item gets a price boost and you CCU up after the price boost. You don't get that total value.. you get the total value of what you spent.. nothing less.. nothing more. In other words, you can't pull one over on them and your money never "disappears".. except for UEC packs... that's a whole other topic that ... is a sore spot for me.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Unless you melted something you bought from 2014 (like a physical pledge) or an AMD promo or a $0 value pledge you won from a contest, you won't mess up your account. You can simply buyback anything you melt except for applied CCUs. If you want to keep a CCU for later, do not apply it. Once you apply it.. and melt it.. the base package goes to your buybacks and the total value of what you melted goes to your RSI credit ledger. You never lose any money for what you spent. You can lose VALUE such as when an item gets a price boost and you CCU up after the price boost. You don't get that total value.. you get the total value of what you spent.. nothing less.. nothing more. In other words, you can't pull one over on them and your money never "disappears".. except for UEC packs... that's a whole other topic that ... is a sore spot for me.
Why a sore spot for you with the UEC packs, what happened?

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Why a sore spot for you with the UEC packs, what happened?
When they got rid of voyager direct, when I melted all my VD purchases I had nearly a million UEC.
I had bought many UEC packs over the years to cover VD purchases iirc.
Since they changed everything to happen in game....
I realized I had made a terrible mistake and that the $1000 I spent would be incredibly more valuable to me as RSI credit.
Because spaceships > UEC packs by far in terms of value.
After a concierge ticket that went on I think for weeks back and forth.. they refused to melt my UEC pack purchases into RSI credit.
So now, I'm stuck with a ton of UEC from real money that's worth garbage in comparison to if I put the same money into buying back one of my capital ships.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
A million?
I thought there was a cap of somewhere in the 200k to 250k range? ...or did I misunderstand something?
The cap is lifted, they did that when they closed the VD store so people could melt gear if they wanted UEC back.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
SQ42 is both a standalone option right now as well as is included in two separate starter pack Pledges, one with an Aurora and the other with a Mustang.
On the 1st through 4th there MIGHT be additional starter pack Pledges that include SQ42, but there are no guarantees of that (last year didn't, but I'm hopeful there will be discount ones with increased insurance this time.)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
OKAY let's have a bit of how it works....

1. Buyback Stand alone ships, Pack, Add-On or gears never change price ever again it stay the price you pay for it and what was in the purchase untouched not updated is what you buy back.
Once you payed for it it's yours whether it is in buyback or in account, but you only have access to what you have in your web hangar.

2. CCU "ship <-> ship" is the only thing changing price to match prices in store when a price change on one of them it change in the CCU.

it's not more complicated than that
And yes I know some special pack can't be undone once melted but you get a GOOD WARNING! that's gonna happen so when you melt stuff don't rush it.

There is no variant to this Period!

CHEERS!

Edit: Example...
If you updated a starter ship example a Mustang incl. SQ42 to a Freelancer it become a Freelancer incl. SQ42. But if you melt it you lose the update on it, but you get all credit what it is worth back and can be used to buy new ship gear etc.. As in this example you still Have your Mustang Incl. SQ42 in buyback.
That you never lose and it wont ever change in price in buyback it stay the same price what you originally payed for it.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?