Ram Ships?

Heartwood

Space Marshal
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/bighorn-sheeps-in-space-aka-ram-ships

Double post for both forums.

"Will the game offer ships, which are build to ram into enemy ships over and over again, as their main heavy dmg output?

I have seen the blades on the Glaive, but was told that they are a one time use and then break apart.

So the question is more about ships, which have a shock absorbent hull, are agile and build for crashing into other ships (then maybe release a charged short ranged blast, or just cut through the hull).

There is a strange attraction for crashing into other ships... but also for cutting through one.
"

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Terrapin. Close the hull, aim at the bridge of the enemy cap ship, and engage cruise engines (or whatever they're calling it now). Sit back and enjoy the impact.
They won't even need a slow motion camera for the Terrapin ramming into something, lol.

Use a Caterpillar. It has the proper sensors for ramming. So does the Cattack, come to think of it. It's the only ship with a helmet and a lance.

Heartwood

Space Marshal
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
Lovely! :D

There was one other video, in which an argo gently puffed against some bigger ship (few second clip). Anyone got a link to that by any chance?

Other than that, from the community forum reactions, there probably won't be any plans for extended ship ramming. Although i really would love to see a small ship with a laser or long blade of sorts, to cut up other ships in combat.

Guess i'll have to look at the Vanduul ships in the future. Do you think the Glaive will be up for sale this november? Or is it a limited rare ship?

Forgot your password?