REC should rain down on us like dollar bills on strippers!

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
tbh, I'm not a fan of the REC system as a whole.

First off, the overwhelming mayority of players will have nothing but an Aurora or Mustang, so even if they want to check out a Ship they'd be interested in upgrading to, they'd give up on doin AC in their Ship and simply ask in the PU.

Next is, that AC itself is much too fast paced to really test anything properly, the only thing you might notice is your Ship being worse than an opponent, be it by beeing blown to bits while he tanks everything (vs SH) or by being unable to get a firing solution because your Ship handles like a brick (as Vanguard) and that's the sort of feedback that's gonna flow their Forums.

Even for Weapons, you don't see the Videos of comparsions anymore (partially because they throw different numbers around every patch), since it's just a terrible task to get those weapons for such a comparsion... instead we rely on spreadsheets of datamines. And frankly that's not a good thing for a "open development" alpha.

Reactions: Blind Owl

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
someone crosspost video to CIG forums, nominate for MVP

for Corporate Efficiency

I would do it but the CIG forums are miserable to navigate from my phone

Last edited:

Cynicism_FTW

Grand Admiral
May 29, 2016
RSI Handle
Cynicism_FTW
REC should be given out hand over fist right now. So that people can test ship and weapon balance. Once ships have been finalized then worry about balancing the payout.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
YES YES YES!!! I couldn't agree more, said it so many time...
"This is early Alpha, do you want it tested or not make it so we earn more rec in AC?"
Or it just become a big tiresome GRIND and that get boring really fast for many and it should be fun...
Just saying :beers:

CHEERS! :beer::beers:

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Also, People are doing some kind of exploit with Aurora LNs to rekt everyone in squad battle.. after they switched from Aurora LN's a few games later, they started getting killed.

Above my score was reset because I left (to switch loadout) and came back in, when you do that is resets everything except your deaths and the missiles you used.

See aurora LN:

So no... there's some kind of conspiracy / exploit going on that some of the RS members, I think, are using to maintain their leaderboard positions. I'm not a terrible pilot, I'm okay.. but not great... and I know how these ships behave.. when you put a ton of DPS in a sustained burst (like 5 seconds) at close range on target and the aurora LN takes NO hull damage... that's a problem.

conspiracy thickens:

He moves like a mouse and keyboard player, not a joystick.

So... I'm just trying to say that.... AC is completely broken imo and whatever exploits or bugs people are using, needs to be patched asap.
Sorry... I'm still pretty pissed from last night when I saw this aurora ln madness for the first time for 3 or 4 matches back to back.

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
I have felt this way since I first backed the game. This is an alpha, let us test!

Honestly, I think every ship should be available to every player just like they are when they have a free play.

I would probably be a lot more likely to find bugs and submit them to the issue council if I could fly *all* of them with any weapons loadout. The way it is now, they have a limited number of people testing the more expensive ships and a lot more testing the less expensive ships; this is a very unbalanced way of doing a community test group.

Only giving people access to the ships that they get for backing also lends to the misconception that this is a pay-to-win game. If we had access to all of the ships in Alpha and access to only the backer rewards when the game releases, it would not be seen this way by the non-backers and critics. I would also add that backer rewards should probably end once 3.0 hits and we are able to use AUEC to buy ships.

Maybe instead of REC, the reward for winning those battles could be AUEC that can be used to purchase goods (suits, clothes, and weapons) in-game; this would be especially helpful once we get Dumper's Depot and can purchase individual ship components and weapons.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Okay, so they make it rain. You find you really, really like the Sabre and rent it, and then earn a butt-tonne of REC with it. So you keep renting it. And then you just keep renting it. Where is the intensive to pledge for this ship? Where is the intensive to try (test) anything else?

If REC becomes easier to get it'll be harder to rent the ship you like. The Sabre and Super Hornet would end up being on the site every other fortnight, half of the month SH is available, second half of the month Sabre is and it alternates. You get to the end of your 7 day rental token and you are back in your Aurora (Best ship) with a load of other REC'd weapons you got for the Sabre that won't fit it or you HAVE to rent a different ship.

Such is the spirit of testing, we don't want you getting comfy in one ship as that breeds complacency.

As for testing, the playing masses are not in a position to do rigorous testing. Game testing is not play and see if it works, game testing is going along a corridor wall to see if you clip through it, then doing it again crouching, then doing it again laying down. Then doing all that again with a pistol in your hand. Then doing it again with a rifle, then doing all that again with the sniper rifle while looking though the scope, then doing it again with a bandanna on, then doing it again with someone pushing you, then doing it all again with a Big Bennys machine in the way... Game testing is laborious.

We can bug report but if you are in the middle of testing out a glitch in the Security Station that has taken you 20 minutes to set up, and some PvP player comes along and head-shots you, time and effort is wasted.

CIG should have their own Testers to in-house the stuff they don't want us to see yet, like s42. The Evocati do the main player side testing in the PTU which is updated every day and has to be downloaded every day to make sure anything that is fixed has not broken anything else. The patches we get 2.6.1 being the current one are pretty locked down and if they fix an issue with the HUD in the PTU they can then release a new PTU for everyone to test if that causes problems with the Olisar ship request Screens or Mobiglas, which would then need fixing and checking to see if they broke anything else further on.

Fun times, eh?

Forgot your password?