Regarding today's "Redd Faction Structure" post on Reddit

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
Howdy, fellow potatoes suicidal masochists TESTies-

In case you haven't seen it, there was a post today on the Redd Faction (of which we are a member organization) subreddit, which outlined someone's ideas for the structure of Redd Faction. [ Redd Faction: a series of simple charts on my idea for the structure of our government : eddfaction ]

I'm curious what y'alls think about this. Honestly, it kind of bugs me. The "Orangered" (holy shit can we please change the names) faction is, at least in this post, made out to be one hell of a "srs-biznis" entity. I mean, how do you like this quote:

• "Orangered is the strong arm of Redd Faction. They are what will protect Redd Faction members from possible aggression or subterfuge by competition or griefers. Their pay shall be high, but their efforts shall be entirely focused upon Redd Faction's group interests."
Is this what we want to associate with? These people are taking themselves way, way too seriously. Not only that, but given the rest of the document, I don't see why Orangered isn't just its own entity entirely. The slides talk about protecting "Gold" and "Periwinkle" (oh god kill me now) members, but I don't see why we need their protection. TEST Squadron plays to have fun. The way I see it, if one of our guys gets ganked, he gets on Teamspeak or whatever and calls in backup from amongst TEST, not from some random assholes in Orangered who think they're hot shit just because they have a fancy title and other people pretend to respect them.

It sounds to me like the Redd Faction leadership (or at least this guy, I honestly have no idea if he represents anyone other than himself) is trying to make Orangered sound super important and vital to the continuing existence of the members of Gold and Periwinkle (please make it stop), but offering no reasons why we should care about them. They're setting themselves up to be a little private military, and maybe they can form a symbiotic relationship with Gold, but I fail to see how any member organization of Periwinkle is supposed to owe Orangered anything.

Anyway, those are my thoughts and I'd love to hear yours. I'm sure I missed something somewhere, but as is, it sure sounds to me like the Orangered folks have their heads way up their asses.

Cheers!
-Flipper

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I really dont have much to say this early on, its all basically theory crafting.

A lot will happen between now and when we have a game.

Redd Faction has a very difficult task of trying to form a players guild with players that have never gamed together and are 1.5yrs away from seeing their game!

There will be a lot of missteps and false starts, so don't read too much into it just yet.

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
The amount of text in those 8 "pictures" and that post gave me half a headache. First off, their righting is way too dry and ideas can be communicated in much shorter sentences.

Now onto the criticism of their structure:

1. It may be fun for them and it is not my place to say what they should or should not be doing. The gathering of a large number of players who are voluntarily going there is proof that it is fun for them.

2. How did we end up being part of them? I don't have anything inherently against them but I don't remember this announcement.

3. That's a lot of groups under /r/eddfaction. Who decided that they own everyone? Granted some of those are created by them but what about the rest?

4. The more I read, the more I dislike them unfortunately. They seem uptight in a bad way.

5. I'm going to stop now since I can't continue without being mean.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Ill address this issue of us being a part of Redd Faction when I give my State of the Squadron address.

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
Ill address this issue of us being a part of Redd Faction when I give my State of the Squadron address.
Ok cool, sounds good. Didn't mean to rustle jimmies or anything.

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
Nice. There's a state of the squadron address. I forgot we have one of those. Niiiice >:D

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
I found out why I was being put off by this. It's because they seem to believe that everyone wants a representation in their government rather than others are separate entities.

Wardak

Lieutenant
Nov 1, 2013
I was talking to one of the recruiters of Redd Faction and he said that Test Squadron was just a pseudo part of Redd Faction when I told him I was in Test Squadron.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I was talking to one of the recruiters of Redd Faction and he said that Test Squadron was just a pseudo part of Redd Faction when I told him I was in Test Squadron.
Pseudo? Is that better than Periwinkle? :P

We have not even had a chance to have any talks yet, but like I said, nothing to lose by being in the club.

Wardak

Lieutenant
Nov 1, 2013
I'm sure this group will be the last standing in the end. I'm guessing he is doing it because he might be having a hard time recruiting with us around.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404

Wardak

Lieutenant
Nov 1, 2013
Their governmental mindset is going to change when they notice that everyone they meet is trying to kill them.

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
ok this is getting a wee bit circlejerky. Maybe we should stop until tomorrow and see if they change course or ease off. If not then we can continue the circlejerk.

But hold off for now so we don't escalate this into a bad mindset of them way before the game launches.

Wardak

Lieutenant
Nov 1, 2013
I just know if someone else gets a Bengal before us they better watch their back.

Forgot your password?