[Registration] TEST Seattle Meetup @ Cafe Mox/Card Kingdom (9/20 @ 6pm)

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Okay, I've had a look at the calendar and I think we could do a TEST meet-up in Seattle at Cafe Mox/Card Kingdom on the 20th of September. That's a Sunday.

The time will be 6PM (-8 GMT), and we'll meet in front of Cafe Mox (after the start time, it'll be inside). I will probably set up a reservation if we get enough people signing up. Otherwise, it'll just be a drop-in-and-enjoy affair. I expect that it will run for two to three hours, ending around 9PM or onwards.

Be sure to be able to pay for your own meals/games - Cash is preferred as that would allow us to put everything in a single pot and pay the bill in one go. I recommend budgeting a minimum of $60: $20-30 for food, and the rest for booze, games, and gratuity. Add extra if you need to budget for travel expenses. We'll also need to work out gratuity as well.

Personally, I intend to see if we can have separate tabs/receipts for each attendee. Keep an eye on this space for updates.

Post in this thread if you plan to attend!

I'll be bringing a Star Citizen themed deck of playing cards, still sealed - I will also use this as a way to indicate where we are located in the Cafe (in addition to any TEST patches I have available). If Cafe Mox/Card Kingdom (or anyone wants to bring a set) has poker chips for us to play with, we can just play poker for funsies when we start the drinking. In the meantime, someone should bring a rule booklet for Texas Hold 'Em, as well as regular ol' Poker.

As an aside, I'm Deaf, so I'll have a notepad along for the ride for you guys to write in so we can actually converse. :p

If this works out well, we may turn this into a monthly (or once every season/3 months) gathering.

Last edited:

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
Baring anything work related I am in!

Not really a poker guy, but it is Mox so we can always pull another game to play! :D

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
I'll be out of town then, but it sounds like I'll be missing out on a lot of fun. Thanks for taking charge of this

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I'll be out of town then, but it sounds like I'll be missing out on a lot of fun. Thanks for taking charge of this
Well, shit. We can easily reschedule to another date in September on a Sunday, probably? There's September 27th as an option.

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
Well, shit. We can easily reschedule to another date in September on a Sunday, probably? There's September 27th as an option.
I'll actually be gone for a whole month, sept 16- Oct 15, and maybe longer. Hopefully if this first meet up goes well, there will be later ones in the future

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I'll actually be gone for a whole month, sept 16- Oct 15, and maybe longer. Hopefully if this first meet up goes well, there will be later ones in the future
Ah, okay. Then we'll probably schedule a second meetup in December. :P

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
A reminder: The meetup is in 10 days. I still haven't made the time to visit it yet, but when I go to HSDC on Tuesday next week, I plan to stop by at it on the way home to see what it looks like and to talk to the staff there.

As far as I can tell, we have only a total of three participants according to this thread. :p

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
Mox is plenty big enough for three (lol), and connected/joined with Card Kingdom so there will be plenty to do (Like I said earlier, I don't poker).

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
Annnnnnnnndddddddd... Sunday at 5:30pm is the Seahawks game.... soooooo I'm sorry, I won't be able to make it. I am disappointed by this as I was really looking forward to talking some Star Citizen with you guys. :(

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Annnnnnnnndddddddd... Sunday at 5:30pm is the Seahawks game.... soooooo I'm sorry, I won't be able to make it. I am disappointed by this as I was really looking forward to talking some Star Citizen with you guys. :(
LOL. Since there's only three of us for the get-together, we could probably work something out. What do you think, @Shenanigons?

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I'm originally from SF so go 9ers, but I dont mind rescheduling to accommodate any Shehawk fans
Alright, then we can reschedule for the 27th, Sunday, or the 26th, Saturday at 6PM.

which day would you prefer, guys?

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
Saturday would work for me. Sunday is a maybe. But I have work and there is another game at 1:30 then.
I'm sorry to be difficult, and really do appreciate you guys working with me on this.

Forgot your password?