Reigning FPS DPS Champion

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
You can see by the chart here that despite the quiet 3.17 nerf, the Gallant is still the reigning DPS champion (column W) save for pistol and shotgun which are short range only, low capacity solutions and the LMG which recoils so severely that following shots do not land on target, and again has short range. The Gallant remains the best all-purpose DPS weapon which is not surprising since it is the choice of the UEE military. It is also the first choice of most Star Marine champions. Especially if you use a suppressed weapon in order to avoid NPC aggro during solo ops, the Gallant remains your best choice, with its low reload rate, low recoil, extended range and ability to fire accurately with scope or while running and firing from the hip.

Note too the new calculator is active for those who want to support. If you're into supporting those who contribute significant time and effort to making the game more digestible, note the genius of this calculator. It tells you what you can and cannot carry to have any specific speed movement. I think last patch PCs with 0.85 movement were mostly invulnerable to NPC fire, and that players really should try to keep their movement at 0.9 and above to be hard to hit by other players. Unless you understand how movement works, you'll be tempted to make bad choices, like carrying more than one weapon in combat--ALMOST ALWAYS a bad choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorddarthvik

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I've standardised on the Demenco now - it packs a punch has loads of ammo and is easy to handle at short to medium range. (and you can find them in bunkers easy if your skint)

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
The only issue I have with the Gallant is its accuracy while I have not tried it out in 3.17, it did have high dps if the hits land but it seems to miss a fair amount when engaging beyond close quarters.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I know Montoya likes the Demeco as well, but you can't suppress it so NPCs will aggro your position during missions like the 890j mission, making you the hunted rather than the huntrer. Likewise, you can't fire it accurately while running since it jumps around too much while firing from the hip. It does more damage than the Gallant, but across a much shorter range and series of situations.

It's a key observation that virtually no Star Marine champions use the Demeco. CIG got all this correct. LMGs are for suppressing fire, not general combat situations.

>>The only issue I have with the Gallant is its accuracy while I have not tried it out in 3.17, it did have high dps if the hits land but it seems to miss a fair amount when engaging beyond close quarters.

I haven't seen this. No idea what it means except that clearly, if you survey the Star Marine vids on YouTube, the champions running and firing from the hip are almost always hitting. In Star Marine this is key because if you are not running almost all the time, players will run up behind you and kill you. Most of the best champions die while reloading, so reload rate is key. On missions you can afford to move more slowly and deliberately, use concealment and cover, etc., but in Star Marine is it run, run, run all the time.

You're asking about extended range though. The Gallant is the flatest shooting weapon in game that is not a sniper rifle. What scope were you using? I recommend a 4X and learn to shoot from the hip without at close range.

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Demeco can be suppressed, it might not be the best PVP weapon, but for bunkers its my preferred tool
That is news to me. Last I knew there were no suppressors for that size weapon. Did they add S3 suppressors or move the Demeco down to S2 size?

Another wow. The Demeco range is apparently very new. It used to drop off very steeply at 40 meters, but now it is shooting flat as can be out to 200:

EDIT: I see they added an S3 suppressor. Not sure when, but this along with the new range buff and the extremely low reload rate makes a strong argument for the Demeco.

Also note the Demeco now has LOWER recoil than the Gallant--which I know for sure is new. Certainly the Demeco deserves a new look. It can't carry an X4 scope, but X3 is adequate for longer shots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Hmm, I did not pay attention to the suppressor size, I though it was a size 2.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
The gallant has worked for me as The all-round best weapon since day one, whatever situation I was in in the PU. Fast, good dps, pinpoint accuracy. I usually went for a 1x dot sight cos almost all pve content is close range. I haven't tried the new 3rnd burst or bust version, just by the sound of it do not like this idea. Gime my proper select fire back!
Oh and yes, running it suppressed was the way to go when clearing caves and such, if I was shot at I screwed up by getting too close and being line of sight , but never because of the suppressed noise. Also it's a good looking Sci fi rifle, what more do you need lol

Forgot your password?