Returning player Since 2.1Help

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
Greetings:

After building my new Rig for SC, after 2 years, I'm back into the game and I am overwhelmed. Everything is different, I forgot how to fly, how to move and even how to flush the toilet? Can you guys suggest videos/articles on flying, Menu browsing, shopping, etc?

Thanks!
R

RedLir

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 16, 2016
RSI Handle
RedLir
Greetings:

After building my new Rig for SC, after 2 years, I'm back into the game and I am overwhelmed. Everything is different, I forgot how to fly, how to move and even how to flush the toilet? Can you guys suggest videos/articles on flying, Menu browsing, shopping, etc?

Thanks!
R
Honestly, I would go check out the Twitch lobby and just watch people stream it and ask questions in chat etc. It's probably the quickest way to get a lot of information fast on a current patch.

Passeeo

Admiral
Jan 20, 2017
RSI Handle
PASSEEO
I'd echo what RedLir said.
This is probably the best way to keep up to date with what is going on and also answer any questions you have.

TEST has a number of really good streamers (of which RedLir is one of them) who are happy to answer questions and usually if they don't get around to answering it there are a number of viewers who will be able to chime in and point you in the right direction.

I personally stopped playing 2.6.3 several months ago and didn't follow stuff too closely until lately and have learnt so much stuff just going into the guys streams, asking questions and talking to people in chat as well.

Reactions: StdDev and RedLir

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If 2.6.3 (current patch available to non-subscribers, 3.0 is at Public Test Universe level) my advice is HOLD F to get off the toilet. I was tapping F like the Morse Code operator on the Titanic, coudn't get off the can. Oh, its hold F?

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
First beer
Two vids, stlyoungblood on YouTube
Then beer again

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
If 2.6.3 (current patch available to non-subscribers, 3.0 is at Public Test Universe level) my advice is HOLD F to get off the toilet. I was tapping F like the Morse Code operator on the Titanic, coudn't get off the can. Oh, its hold F?

Hahaha! I must have reloaded SC 10 times before I came across that little gem. FAAAAck! The game keeps bugging out when I sit down and won't let me out!

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Edgewise

Space Marshal
Jun 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Edgewise-SJ
Greetings:

Thanks!
R
Dude, I feel your pain. I decided back in AC 0.8 to wait till things got a bit closer and now I have no idea about anything. :)

Reactions: Dorian Grey

Raither

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Dr_McLaren
Honestly, I would go check out the Twitch lobby and just watch people stream it and ask questions in chat etc. It's probably the quickest way to get a lot of information fast on a current patch.
This for sure, or post here for anything you are wanting to know without toxicity. People in game sometimes are helpful re: asking how to do this or that, but more often I just see people being shitty about it. Check the patch notes tab in the 3.0 launcher for the how to quantum jump etc too

Also, welcome back!

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
thanks !

Forgot your password?