Road to Mumble - Stress TEST Friday Dec 5th

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya

Greetings Testies,

As we are approaching our move to mumble, we want to stress-test our server. We very much like to do that with everyone in TEST who likes to participate. The test will start this Friday (Dec. 6th) and end midnight.

Instructions

• download mumble here: http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page
  • create a certificate and join the server: mumble.testsquadron.com
  • talk, play, do everything you would normally do on voice-comm
  • write down any issue you encounter with your mumble client, so we can improve our instructions / FAQ
  • write down any issue you encounter with the server (and the time it happened), so that we can smash the last remaining bugs
  • empty bullet point

Post your feedback below.

Thank you :)
Love, ChrizZ

You will want our TEST mumble skin, you can download it here:
http://testsquadron.com/mumble/test_theme.rar

It will make mumble look 442% sexier!

Unzip the skin, install in mumble directory:

Example: C:\Program Files\Mumble\skins\(skin goes here)

To activate the TEST skin, Configure > Settings > User Interface > Skin (browse) find the TESTskin.qss or if you do not want a background image, the TESTskin-nobg.qss

Bask in the glory that is TEST!

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
Ships are falling all around, It's time I was on my way.
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay.
But now it's time for me to go. The alien moon lights my way.
I cannot smell the rain, or feel the pain, but it's still headed my way.
Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do...

Mumble on, and now's the time, the time is now, to sing my song.
I'm flyin' 'round the world, I got to find my girl, on my way.
I've been this way ten years to the day, Mumble on,
Got to find the queen of all my dreams.

(If you get the reference, you're fuckin' ooooold, just like me :p )

Scavar

Rear Admiral
Apr 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scavar
I'm always on Mumble anyways, so I'll be there even if I'm not there. If you know what I mean :D

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
[1:39:13 PM] Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connection.

I changed certs, could that be it?

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
Instructions unclear, cannot complete miniature model of Statue of Liberty.

Here are the blocking issues for me. We 'must' have a viable solution or workaround before moving officially to mumble.

Lack of enforced Push to Talk mode with group of allowed free talk members. (Has this been fixed?)
Tabbed conversations.

Easily fixable/minor issues:

Lack of ping notification when you get a private message or poke.
Announcement of members entering/leaving the rooms.
Cannot manually adjust individual user sound.

Reactions: CrashMan054

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I agree heavily with dortz on the forced PTT. PTT enforcement is pretty much a must-have with any large group; you never know if someone's a terrible VOIP user until they get in and having the background noise at someone's house constantly triggering their mic is ridiculous.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I've got to agree with Dortz and Ultra, the PTT thing is a big issue. I've been in channels for large PS2 outfits that don't enforce it, and it's absolute chaos. You can't even tell who's talking, everyone keeps triggering each other's mics.

Reactions: Macabre Poetry

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Cannot manually adjust individual user sound.
Other than PTT, this is also distressing. Everyone knows some mics are hotter than others and I frequently adjust user volume until it's relatively even across the board. I didn't even know Mumble didn't support this feature. Yikes.

Reactions: CrashMan054

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054

Other than PTT, this is also distressing. Everyone knows some mics are hotter than others and I frequently adjust user volume until it's relatively even across the board. I didn't even know Mumble didn't support this feature. Yikes.
There may be a plugin for that, I'm not sure.

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
I think if we cannot manage these issues with Mumble, despite the fact that I am warming up to it, TS3 is going to have to be our formal client, one way or the other, by:

1) Incorporating TEST Squadron. If we do this, we can prove the claims by TeamSpeak Systems GmbH that we are hackers to be false and reapply for a TS3 license, or

2) Raising funds for a multiyear TS3 license. I am sure that we can do this if necessary, since it has been proven that we can raise funds for org owned internet spaceships.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I think if we cannot manage these issues with Mumble, despite the fact that I am warming up to it, TS3 is going to have to be our formal client, one way or the other, by:

1) Incorporating TEST Squadron. If we do this, we can prove the claims by TeamSpeak Systems GmbH that we are hackers to be false and reapply for a TS3 license, or

2) Raising funds for a multiyear TS3 license. I am sure that we can do this if necessary, since it has been proven that we can raise funds for org owned internet spaceships.
I wasn't aware we had a license in the first place.

Forgot your password?