Roadmap gets big updates Jan 27

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Can't wait to fly my Mercury Star Runner around Orison. Empire Strikes Back baby!
It will be a very merry Christmas when we finally get to play in cloud city! Let's hope it happens this year, yay!

Note how the single new gameplay mechanic in the coming patch ,hacking, has been pushed to next cycle, while Orison which we were led to believe was coming along nicely, and might be even out by Christmas Last Year, is nowhere near close to being done.
I don't see a single thing coming up that would be of interest to me as it's the usual "filler", apart from a couple of items that will be pushed further and further away until they just remove it from the roadmap, while they keep adding basic ass boring stuff like more ships and guns so they can keep financing the pushing of important stuff farther and farther.

Yes having new types of cave entrances is nice, but when 90% of the time you get stuck in them, is this really the thing to spend time on? Yes, they can always say "we will just fix it later" , but when?! That list is as long as the feature list of the game! How much time will they have to waste again and again to fix what they have so far?

What I'm seeing is they are adding more flashy shit and some "complexity" and "polish" to things that do not function in any acceptable way yet at the base level, while being waaay behind on big stuff that was waved in front of us like carrots on a stick for years. My patience for this kind of "development model" is wearing thinner every year.
Disappointing.

Reactions: CosmicTrader

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I like the new road map implementation, especially the fact that they crearly implement the "tentative" lables in there so that people can finally fully undertand (hopefully) that the rooad map is a "we wish" and not a " we will".... sad that they removed the percentage on the card, those ware usefull to understand how the progress worked on.

Nice to finally see a compleat roadmap for the entire year!! We hadn't is since 2019...

Hope CIG can stick as close as possibile to this release plan, becouse there are a lots of good thing in here finally taking shape, sadly I know most of them depend on the server meshing implementation, so if that screw up the whole plan will fall.... fingers cross.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Note how the single new gameplay mechanic in the coming patch ,hacking, has been pushed to next cycle, while Orison which we were led to believe was coming along nicely, and might be even out by Christmas Last Year, is nowhere near close to being done.
I don't see a single thing coming up that would be of interest to me as it's the usual "filler", apart from a couple of items that will be pushed further and further away until they just remove it from the roadmap, while they keep adding basic ass boring stuff like more ships and guns so they can keep financing the pushing of important stuff farther and farther.
This exact reasoning is why I'm not really interested or hopeful this year. If they can pull off most of the new and innovative items in the first half without pushing too much back, then I'll be more hopeful. But 3.13 is mostly stuff they've talked about for quite a while and 3.14 is still a ways out with a lot of time to push things back. I hope I'm wrong.

Also, the whole "tentative" on every single item is really annoying for me. I understand people have had problems with thinking these things are a promise, but damn, make a few more labels. Having just three labels which basically go "maybe", "it's done", and "it's released" doesn't give much indication as far as progress. The first is totally up in the air and the last two are practically the same thing.

• o7

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thank you, Glorious Leader!

Finally, the Taurus beckons!

I have history with this ship, I remember the first time I ever logged into the game I went into it in the Hangar and got stuck on the toilet as I didn't know which button got you off the can. Yep, hiiiistory.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
After watching today's Inside Star Citizen I am pretty confident that Outposts are simply the phrase they use to describe Points of Interest on planets and not player created bases.
Well thinking that the implementation of planetary outpost mean "player owned base" is a big assumption at this stage of the game.
Most likely this will be a re-work of some of the existing planetside location to add variety and most important expand them and make them more detailed and, with the introduction of a proper NPC AI in the future, more alive and, in general, interesting.

I'm confident that those same structure will be usded, in the future, for player own/build base, but that will require a lot more work to be implemented then a "simple" collection of models.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?