RSI classic forums getting locked down on Apr 14th

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Cha cha cha changes....

The classic RSI forums are done, on the 14th they are getting archived and all new activity has to take place on the new Spectrum system.

Yes, I know you all hate it, but give it a chance. They did a good job at using an upvote system so that quality shit floats to the top. It is actually a very good way of getting the important content to the reader as opposed to the typical forum system of simply bumping any garbage thread to the top by posting in it.

Speaking of garbage getting bumped... Our glorious treasure trove of shit posting and propaganda aka TEST org recruitment thread gets locked down like everything else.

It is sad to see this thread go, it has been a timeline of our growth and best art work.

You will be able to see it here:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/65622/test-test-squadron-best-squardon

We now get the opportunity to remake this work of art on the new Spectrum system!

Here is the new Spectrum org recruitment section:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50177?label&page=1&sort=hot

Please upvote our thread, drop a few comments, say hello and lets all work to make TEST Squadron great again!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50177/thread/test-test-squadron-best-squadron-newbies-welcome-j

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
There are no other forums other than test forums.

Montoya why are you doing this have you lost your way?!!! :D

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
There are no other forums other than test forums.

Montoya why are you doing this have you lost your way?!!! :smile:
Your words are true, there is but one true forum, and that is testsquadron.com.

However, we must also entertain the notion that somewhere out there, it is possible that another forum exists. It is highly unlikely, but if so, we should be prepared!

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...They did a good job at using an upvote system so that quality shit floats to the top. It is actually a very good way of getting the important content to the reader as opposed to the typical forum system of simply bumping any garbage thread to the top by posting in it...
it's a damn good thing none of that bumping garbage threads ever happens around here

TEST forums best forums, now and forever

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Cha cha cha changes....

The classic RSI forums are done, on the 14th they are getting archived and all new activity has to take place on the new Spectrum system.

Yes, I know you all hate it, but give it a chance. They did a good job at using an upvote system so that quality shit floats to the top. It is actually a very good way of getting the important content to the reader as opposed to the typical forum system of simply bumping any garbage thread to the top by posting in it.

Speaking of garbage getting bumped... Our glorious treasure trove of shit posting and propaganda aka TEST org recruitment thread gets locked down like everything else.

It is sad to see this thread go, it has been a timeline of our growth and best art work.

You will be able to see it here:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/65622/test-test-squadron-best-squardon

We now get the opportunity to remake this work of art on the new Spectrum system!

Here is the new Spectrum org recruitment section:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50177?label&page=1&sort=hot

Please upvote our garbage, drop a few comments, say hello and lets all work to make TEST Squadron great again!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50177/thread/test-test-squadron-best-squadron-newbies-welcome-j

MY Personal reply to CIG for this incredible mistake - no - insult to our intelligence.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What??? No page functions??? Page UP/Page Down does not work??????
We have to Scroll for several hours to see what was posted yesterday?????
Notification still does not take you to the exact post????
Many, many other Major problems for the user - that's us.

Please explain to a dummy why the RSI Forums were moved before Spectrum was ready....
Heck, Spectrum has not even had an Alpha test yet. Not a complete one.
Did I miss something here?

I am now worried. We are told that all future in-game functions - UEE bank account, missions, info, conversation, etc - will be via the Mobi Glass which will be based inside of Spectrum. I am now seriously worried......

Spectrum is far, far from a working platform and is in no way complete. Far from it.
With this thinking, is CIG preparing to release the full version of Star Citizen without any further testing or improvements?

I love Star Citizen.
I was beginning to love Spectrum.
I am patient and dedicated.
However, I require an explanation for this, in my opinion, HUGE rush to release something not working at all.
If something such as the Forums are in such a mess right now, how can I rely in the future on anything based in Spectrum?
Will my credits be in the UEE bank when I check? Will my info be shared with all? Will my friends even be able to find my info - without scrolling forever?

Spectrum is the core of our community ecosystem.......this is my concern.

I want to keep the Faith. I need to understand this RUSH to release.

Please, I respectfully request an explanation.
Thank you for you understanding.
CosmicTrader.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I ever receive an answer, which I doubt, I will post it here verbatim. (work for work exactly to you TESTies).

Perhaps I am just a confused 'Ole man who hates to spend hours and hours and hours trying to find a simple post.
Perhaps I am the only person who thinks computer coding (Spectrum) should be thoroughly tested before fully releasing it.
It just seems to me the everyone is rushing to tell CIG, Oh Ah what a nice thing we have here, that nobody is actually 'seeing' the complete MESS that Spectrum is actually in. It is supposed to be in the testing phase right now. This is a RUSH JOB with no explanation.

Aren't you all worried about this?
Thanks for listening.
Go back to getting drunk and don't worry... everything will be just fine.
SOON

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
MY Personal reply to CIG for this incredible mistake - no - insult to our intelligence.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My biggest short term issue is the way images are embedded.

All images and videos are inserted as attachments.

Im pretty sure this is for bandwidth issues, they are thinking about mobile users, but its most likely a simple button they can push to change it into normal embedded images like the forums here.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
For those of us that use the RSI Forums frequently, these are the most important thing.......

Spectrum is currently NOT USER Friendly.

@Montoya I also agree about the images. Especially the signatures.
Also, we were told that the app would be released before the transfer of the forums.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
For those of us that use the RSI Forums frequently, these are the most important thing.......

Spectrum is currently NOT USER Friendly.

@Montoya I also agree about the images. Especially the signatures.
Also, we were told that the app would be released before the transfer of the forums.
Wait, we're getting an app too?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Can someone tell me how to rekey my keyboard to only type emoj? Like the A types :avacado: and makes the avacado emoj instead of an A, etc.

"Hello, I'm NaffNaffBobFace" would be:

:handbag::end::love_hotel::love_hotel::on:, :information_desk_person:':medal: :nose::airplane_small::feet::feet::nose::airplane_small::feet::feet::bath::on::bath::free::alien::cold_sweat::end:

I only want to communicate by Phonetic Emoj on Spectrum.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I have tried the Spectrum, and lo, they have a filing cabinet emoj.

This in one single action has destroyed my immersion in this game.

You know why? We have played the PU. We know they have tablet things instead of paper, they have screens and mobiglas and no need for paper at all...

...So WHY do they have a FILING CABINET emoj in Spectrum which is supposed to be a comms system 900 years in the future which is going to be part of the game playing experience? A bennys vending machine emoj would make sense.

A filing cabinet?? The Mobiglas on everyones arms make them not only redundant but extinct, unless the next patch has a file-o-fax option (I have a file-o-fax, it is very useful).

I want answers. Why a filing cabinet. WHY?

Find me a cabinet and file this post under S for shitpost.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Haha remind me of the olden days when I had dual 64k ISDN merged on a dual router, and i'd upload a 1MB randomised jpeg just because it would take everyone else 6 hours to eventually work out it was a waste of time.

:|

Now that was trollin. Back before game of thrones when trolls were rare!

Test forums is all we need, and discord for voice. This is what Montoya has told us! We must obey!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I have tried the Spectrum, and lo, they have a filing cabinet emoj.

This in one single action has destroyed my immersion in this game.

You know why? We have played the PU. We know they have tablet things instead of paper, they have screens and mobiglas and no need for paper at all...

...So WHY do they have a FILING CABINET emoj in Spectrum which is supposed to be a comms system 900 years in the future which is going to be part of the game playing experience? A bennys vending machine emoj would make sense.

A filing cabinet?? The Mobiglas on everyones arms make them not only redundant but extinct, unless the next patch has a file-o-fax option (I have a file-o-fax, it is very useful).

I want answers. Why a filing cabinet. WHY?

Haha.
You just made my night, good sir.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...I want answers. Why a filing cabinet. WHY?
we will still be using filing cabinets to stash our booze long after paper has become obsolete, that's why

Forgot your password?