RSI Polaris

bryceedmundo

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
bryceedmundo
My Testicles,

I'm obsessing. I'll be trading in my Carrack and my Merchantman, more likely just my Carrack and some more money , depending on cost for the new Corvette when it drops. (I'll be calling mine the N.C. ((Night Crew) Crazy Horse fyi))
We know it's going to be about 120m long. We know one of its tactical advantages will be gun coverage.
What else do we know? Have any of you Testies read or heard something I haven't? I NEED TO KNOW!

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Im looking at possibly a Corvette also eventually when it arrives as I'll have near around 1k of credits which will cover it by the time I finish updating my ships to original standalones. Not seen any info on this yet either, probably need to get closer to the concept sale when they actually have some things nutted out.

COMING 'SOON'

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
My Testicles,

I'm obsessing. I'll be trading in my Carrack and my Merchantman, more likely just my Carrack and some more money , depending on cost for the new Corvette when it drops. (I'll be calling mine the N.C. ((Night Crew) Crazy Horse fyi))
We know it's going to be about 120m long. We know one of its tactical advantages will be gun coverage.
What else do we know? Have any of you Testies read or heard something I haven't? I NEED TO KNOW!
So roughly the same size as the updated carrack? I would think it would be 160-170m considering the idris is 230ish. We also know it may not not have hangar bay so expect gunboat running as anti fighter

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I liked what you said until selling Carrack. Why get rid of one of the coolest ships there will be for a mini frigate?

bryceedmundo

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
bryceedmundo
Im looking at possibly a Corvette also eventually when it arrives as I'll have near around 1k of credits which will cover it by the time I finish updating my ships to original standalones. Not seen any info on this yet either, probably need to get closer to the concept sale when they actually have some things nutted out.

COMING 'SOON'
Yeah I have a feeling they'll be showing it off at CitizenCon later this year. Being in the same timezone, I hope to see you on my wing harassing TEST's enemies late in the night.

So roughly the same size as the updated carrack? I would think it would be 160-170m considering the idris is 230ish. We also know it may not not have hangar bay so expect gunboat running as anti fighter
When did the Carrack get an update? Can you link me some of that information? and yeah, honestly I thought it would be a bit bigger, but i've seen Ben L. say in February that it's going to be "about 100-125m long" and later (I think) that it will be about Carrack size.

Yeah I don't expect it to have a hangar at all. Except maybe in a cargo hold type area for one of those little transport shuttles like we saw on the Idris walkthrough but even then, I expect it to be an anti-fighter capital, hopefully some kind of missile boat with a mass storage of ammo so it can just make it rain.

I liked what you said until selling Carrack. Why get rid of one of the coolest ships there will be for a mini frigate?
I've been off the hype train for a little while, I wasn't aware the Carrack had an update, how is it a mini frigate though? It's offensive capabilities will be limited, its ship bay probably tiny... besides being bigish, I don't see how it compares to a frig.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Yeah I have a feeling they'll be showing it off at CitizenCon later this year. Being in the same timezone, I hope to see you on my wing harassing TEST's enemies late in the night.
Harassing enemies, TESTies, I'll be annoying everyone come release. If you ever want to crew, raid, pillage, plunder, let me know I'd be up for it! :rolleyes:

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Why would you want to purchase a Corvette when The Corporation is willing to purchase them for us?
Why does anyone buy anything? If we all had that point of view we'd be firing harsh words at the enemy not lazers. If some guys pick up the Corvette the entire org is significantly stronger and plus I dont need to suck up to Montoya to borrow one. Will just double park mine infront of his! :rolleyes:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It's totally a thing.
If the price is right, it'll be a thing for me. ;)
PS thanks for the likes. Good to seeing you sharing the love.
You're very welcome. I believe in spreading love like peanut butter.
PPS I have a cliche owl tattoo on my arm, so we're basically family, love you owlie
Another brother. Awesome. You can never have enough brothers.
I'm planning an owl and wolf tattoo to represent myself and my son.
PPPS... i'm drunk
Soon. Soon I shall indulge in the liquor of life. Just gotta get through this workday.

Reactions: RipVanDan

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Why does anyone buy anything?
For those of us willing to wear a parrot, it's important to note what you can and cannot "appropriate". A Corvette you can take from your enemies. The NPC's to man it you will likely not be able to conscript. You will need to pay for those. If I'm not paying for all the ships I want, I can pay for lots of NPC's, which can turn very important.

Pirate scum would do well to avoid paying for what they can pick up from pasty-faced patrons over at The Corporation, and pay exclusively for the toys no one drops. It will be interesting to find out what fits in each category. If you want a precision railgun, can you go looking to see who has one?

While we're on the subject, can I ask who knows what is the long term expectation for class 5 outlaw status? In UEE space you are KOS, but outside UEE controlled space you cannot be traced? So what you want is a friend who is not an outlaw to play taxi driver and drop you off at convenient locations, outside ships drifting aimlessly, because they had a mishap involving EM burst radiation and boisterous laughter?

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
While we're on the subject, can I ask who knows what is the long term expectation for class 5 outlaw status? In UEE space you are KOS, but outside UEE controlled space you cannot be traced? So what you want is a friend who is not an outlaw to play taxi driver and drop you off at convenient locations, outside ships drifting aimlessly, because they had a mishap involving EM burst radiation and boisterous laughter?
Team work. I intend to be the grey man who does y'all favours . . .until I've crossed the line. Then someone else will step into my roll. But my intention is to stay just on the line. We'll see how that works.

Reactions: FluffyVonRage

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
If the price is right, it'll be a thing for me. ;)
So what is the right price for you? What will the wife let you unload or is this an undercover opp? :rolleyes: The Corvette would have to be cheaper than the Idris and what was that originally on sale for? $1200 maybe? So i'd suggest around $800 or so, which is within my limits but coming to the end of my ship acquisitions. THANK GOD...these things are sending me broke! o_O Hopefully will be fun times to have with them though....COME ON HANGER READY! :D

For those of us willing to wear a parrot, it's important to note what you can and cannot "appropriate". A Corvette you can take from your enemies. The NPC's to man it you will likely not be able to conscript. You will need to pay for those. If I'm not paying for all the ships I want, I can pay for lots of NPC's, which can turn very important.

Pirate scum would do well to avoid paying for what they can pick up from pasty-faced patrons over at The Corporation, and pay exclusively for the toys no one drops. It will be interesting to find out what fits in each category. If you want a precision railgun, can you go looking to see who has one?

Ohhh....your one of 'those' people! LOL :rolleyes: As long as your not trying to steal my shinies I'm good with that. In general though I can imagine pirates are going to give me the shits in the Verse as I'm trying to do my own thing and some asshole tries to either kill me or take my ship. One thing is for certain though......no one is taking my ships......selfdistruct will be saved until they have bored and near the bridge.......BOOM! I'll take out as many fuckers as possible! ;) I do think however your underestimating the difficulty in ransacking another vessel, it wont be an easy mechanic to master on any ship let alone a Corvette of all things. Guaranteed you will require a fleet of pirates and expect half of you to get wiped out in the process. Plus who is to say there are not like minded captains like me that in the end wont just blow the ship once your about to take it. Is it really worth the likely perma death you'd be facing in such a task? Not to me. But still an interesting thing to see. Make sure you have your corpse cam on when your making such a raid, would be interesting seeing all the pirates die! ;) Also as far as the NPCs go. Doubtful you'll have enough available by CIG to solo the Corvette. Also from what I have heard if you have multiple game packages they count as free NPC's, that might be the way to go to minimise some of the costings if its true. Atleast with the NPC's I can fly some of my ships about solo when I cant get any TESTies to hold my hand so hopefully can still enjoy them.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So what is the right price for you? What will the wife let you unload or is this an undercover opp? :rolleyes: The Corvette would have to be cheaper than the Idris and what was that originally on sale for? $1200 maybe? So i'd suggest around $800 or so, which is within my limits but coming to the end of my ship acquisitions. THANK GOD...these things are sending me broke! o_O Hopefully will be fun times to have with them
It'll be a melt situation. And 800 isn't bad

Forgot your password?