DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
See post on May 16th
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/spaceship-prices

"The second part is longer term, but very important: we will plan for a process to expire the unused $0 CCUs from the system. We want existing CCUs to be used as intended: to pick a ship that works for you, and not as a permanent ‘anything goes’ option. This will not happen immediately, but as we approach 3.0 it will be an important part of this process. And we want you to know in advance that this is coming."

So making $0 CCU's into $5 charged CCU's is not going to happen (thank goodness). But all the $0 CCU's we have for safe keeping to try or have different ships... well.. even what you have in your account they're talking about expiring out. So... even though two parts of this was a great idea (not charging for $0, CCU and doing away with new $0 CCUs), getting rid of what we already have feels... not so nice. Even if it is $0.

Thoughts?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I think I liked the 5 dollar option more. I have CCUs for the ships I want at launch, however aren't flyable yet. It just made sense to be able to play a flyable ship now, then CCU to the one I really wanted later. Nope. Not anymore.

Now I have to decide between the Carrack and the Reclaimer. And soon. Really soon.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I think they should modify to only expire all but 5 or 10 of each $0 CCU per account. As is the 1st checkout limit. This way, we still get to keep our legacy $0 CCU but those in excess will loose the excess. That way it's still a win-win for everyone

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
I really don't like how this guy calls this an abuse of the system. CIG is inflating the prices so that the $0 CCUs have value above zero, but the pledger is "abusing" the system. Not to mention, the "without having put any value towards the right to do so..." But did put the dollar value when it was for sale, correct? But sales are just pledges, so no one has put value towards any "right"?

I didn't stock up on $0 CCUs, so it doesn't really effect me, but the way this was communicated... I would not buy this Zyloh guy a beer if I met him.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well I need to make a decision then.

I have 2 CCU. Both are $0, one a Aurora LN to Dragonfly, one a Taurus to Cutlass Blue.

The Dragonfly was going to be used when I next had spare cash, but then I melted some stuff and got one outright so not upset about that, but the Taurus to Blue...

Neither Taurus or Cutlass Blue are flyable. I have no idea how much it is going to cost to run either of them as a viable everyday ship. I want the good cargo bay of the Taurus, but I want the defence of the Blue which the Constipation series currently lacks... I was taken out by a lone 300 series in the PU, no less. It took them ages, but I just could not get a hit on the damn thing. Just one would have one it. Above all else I want something fast which neither have, you can't make a killing of a sale if someone else sold your cargo to the buyer before you could. My fingers are crossed for the 600i but if that doesn't come through as being the ship of my dreams, what should I do?

Keep the Connie T or cross to the Cutty B?

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Well I need to make a decision then.

I have 2 CCU. Both are $0, one a Aurora LN to Dragonfly, one a Taurus to Cutlass Blue.

The Dragonfly was going to be used when I next had spare cash, but then I melted some stuff and got one outright so not upset about that, but the Taurus to Blue...

Neither Taurus or Cutlass Blue are flyable. I have no idea how much it is going to cost to run either of them as a viable everyday ship. I want the good cargo bay of the Taurus, but I want the defence of the Blue which the Constipation series currently lacks... I was taken out by a lone 300 series in the PU, no less. It took them ages, but I just could not get a hit on the damn thing. Just one would have one it. Above all else I want something fast which neither have, you can't make a killing of a sale if someone else sold your cargo to the buyer before you could. My fingers are crossed for the 600i but if that doesn't come through as being the ship of my dreams, what should I do?

Keep the Connie T or cross to the Cutty B?
Both Connie T and Cutlass Blue should have a fairly low upkeep. I don't imagine them making any ship not able to support itself. I think it comes down to this:
Connie Taurus: bigger ship, more cargo, room to upgrade to any other Connie profile
Cutlass Blue: smaller ship, easier to manage solo, lower upkeep (if that matters - but I think it won't), looks sleek and "royal".

<rant>
Because of the recent CCU changes, I've CCU'd my Starfarer to an Endeavor on a whim. I'm not so sure I made the right choice.
Will I be able to test the Reclaimer and the Carrack and whatever else is ready before my Endeavor? No.
Do I have any incentive to put more money into this rigid system that's "clogging their CCU spreadsheet with worthless $0"? No.
</rant>

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I understand the appeal of the CCUs, they are a way to hedge against the inevitable price increases, and have a flyable ship until your dream ship is ready

and I understand how they have become a support nightmare for CIG

IMO the simplest solution would be for CIG to loan me any flight ready ship of equal or lesser value to the in-development ship I have bought until my ship is ready

we're still in Alpha, fer chrissake, I understand that the only assets I will keep when the game goes live are the ones I've purchased

let me play with all the things until then

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
IMO the simplest solution would be for CIG to loan me any flight ready ship of equal or lesser value to the in-development ship I have bought until my ship is ready

we're still in Alpha, fer chrissake, I understand that the only assets I will keep when the game goes live are the ones I've purchased
Exactly this.
Play = test, thus helping CIG.
I've said this before. I'm curious when they release the Javelin if they'll be okay with 15 people (the ones who bought it and are fairly active) flying their ship and reporting issues/bugs.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I understand the appeal of the CCUs, they are a way to hedge against the inevitable price increases, and have a flyable ship until your dream ship is ready

and I understand how they have become a support nightmare for CIG

Strongly concur.

A whole bunch.

Forgot your password?