Scam Popup

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I just got what looks like a scam popup from the embedded links in this forum. I was just logging in and a popup appeared pretending to be Wells Fargo bank, but was not. It was in their colors, etc., so just saying, if you're selling links for cash, you appear to be selling them to a scam outfit. I would rethink the entire foreign links bit, as if they are scams, that can incur liability.

DON'T open any links that pretend are from banks and casual inspaction shows are not.

Drykhan

Captain
Donor
Apr 29, 2019
RSI Handle
DryKhan
i dont think this sight is producing any adds or link popups. check your chrome settings for notifications. and block any notifications form any site you dont want them from or just turn off notifications.

Reactions: Bambooza

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
i dont think this sight is producing any adds or link popups
Yup, its not coming from here, or if somebody posted a malicious link, give me the post and let me go look!

There is no link in a post that can cause a random pop up to appear.

Check your browser, its possible you clicked on something somewhere else that allowed you to get notifications or popups.

Reactions: Szioul and Deroth

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I have a pop up blocker on my browser. Right before I checked out this thread I looked at @Montoya's latest crytek v cig youtube post thread and I got an alert that a pop up tried to open. That hasn't happened on the TEST site for me before.

Reactions: Bambooza

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I got no popup at all on any page here, only thing is ads blocked from youtube links and they are not popups, that is google ad research and not harmful in any way just irritating.

Which "adblock plus" fix easy.

If you get popup like that I say you got some scripted unwanted shit on your computer.

And script is NOT virus but script can hijack your browser and do a lot of other harmful stuff.

So never click on links you can't identify or verify regardless how authentic or good it look. If you are unsure simply don't click.

And if you get popup from a site you can't identify or feel unsure about, then use Google and you see if other have got it and or what it might be.

Research before click on questionable liks and if you are the slightest unsure, get busy not scammed.!

CHEERS! 🍻

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth
Forgot your password?