Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Macr0
Currently I am at
  • The Frontiers Saga by Ryk Brown
  • Expanse Seris by James S.A. Corey
  • Star Carrier by Ian Douglas
but have still room for some more good series as the episodes are over always way to quick.
Any recommendations regarding some good reads?

Trollmann

Admiral
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
trollmann
We had a list with books and stuff recommended by other members, I can't find it anymore, maybe someone else can link it for you.

Reactions: Bishop

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk

Bishop

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Macr0
Nice. Thx for the Link.

That placed "Hyperion Canton", "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" and
"Joe We Haldeman / Forever War and Forever Peace" on my list.

Reactions: o-BHG-o

Kovakx

Lieutenant
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Kovakx
Nice link thank you.

It depends on your preferred flavour;

For the thinking man with some big concepts and a leaning towards hard science then I recommend Alistair Reynolds (Chasm City and Revelation Space)
For crash bang cyber punk style Richard Morgan, Altered Carbon
For some tasty AI future cyber gore then I highly recommend Neil Asher and the Polity series

All of the books above read as single novella's that build up a bigger universe, though you will benefit more if you read them in order, especially Asher.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Scify? Science fyction? What? why bother to make the sci a sci instead of a scy if you're just going to make the fi a fy?

Grammar nazism aside, anything by Isaac asimov or David Weber is generally a good choice.

Skoots

Lieutenant
Nov 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Skoots
Didn't see this on the list; Starship Troopers. It's even on the Marine professional reading list, WWCPD. It's a great read. Lealo!

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I will add to this when I can but there are loads of books out there. For the people who love starship troopers and wanted something more modern and less nazi check out the Ark Royal series by Chris Nuttall and even more so the Marko Kloos books starting with terms of enlistment. Amazing books that's go well with the SC universe.

Tyler Klimek

Lieutenant
Nov 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Idle Storm
Ringworld by Larry Niven. Thats like as sci fi as it gets!

And also, if you're interested, the Halo book are actually quite good. Specifically the trilogy written by Greg Bear.

Reactions: Dalarast

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Halo books are good but also if you like Star Wars but want a little more military wsk style writing check out the clone trooper novels by Karen Traviss. Very good of showing scifi and military fiction together.

Forgot your password?