Selling account

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Is there anyway to remove your personal information ? Don't think i would be comfortable letting someone have access to all that information.
I think you can go in and put placeholders for all the fields, at least.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
@Hadron Xon
You are fully aware that this is a "Black Market"-Deal, yes? Its total illegal regarding the terms of use by CIG, and CIG can at any time close your account if they become aware of this deal. 2nd point is, that you are transferring ALL(!) personal data(*) and have to fully trust that the buyer won't do anything...not likeable with your ex-account and/or personal data.

That said, in my opinion - pls. flame me for that if necessary - 200$ is not THAT huge amount of money. If it would be 2000$ I would understand your intention. But 200$? Go on for a small evening job in a pizzeria or the like and you have back your money within a month or less.

Yes, I am fully aware that selling SC accounts is daily business on platforms like reddit. But a) it never has been legal and b) will ever be a most risky position, for both sides!

Just my 2 cents. All the best from my side, and lots of success with your education plans. :)

*...I'm not really sure, if you can erase the core data like postal adress etc. as @WarrenPeace writes - would make no sense.

Reactions: Blind Owl

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
which will leave me little time for gaming
i have to invest my time in school.
Nowhere in these statements does it say that you are in need of the money.

Yes, you will be dedicating most of your time with studies however a person must have some outlet for relaxation.
You may regret this decision in the future. Star Citizen will be here for many years and there will be several casual players, many also students.
TEST Squadron will always be here for you as well.

I would ask that you consider this decision very carefully before committing to it.

Whatever you decide, I wish you well.
Best wishes with your studies.

Hadron Xon

Space Marshal
Jan 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Hadron_Xon
You , bring up a good points. The money is not the issue its more making use of the account.I have about 340$ invested but was selling it for 200.It would not hurt me to hold to the account.The decision to sell was based off the fact i have little time to play now and in the coming weeks and months my free time will be non existent due to family, school obligations and volunteer work.If anything i could donate or lend out my ships for use once the game goes live if i was still unable to play.

The security risk is not worth the money anyway.Thanks for your advice.As for Test , I am here for life whether I am gaming or not.Its very rare to find a community like this.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Phew, I'm very glad we jointly were able to clear things out. :)
Thread can be closed :D ;)
Indeed.

As for Test , I am here for life whether I am gaming or not.Its very rare to find a community like this.
Your decision has made my day very happy indeed.

TESTies help TESTies.
Long Live TEST SQUADRON.

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
I'd like to add something, Inb4 the Spiderman takeover.

- Selling game accounts is not "illegal", even in countries with legislations that doesn't allow it (I.e. non-europeans). If you're caught selling your account, it will probably be banned. That's all.

- As an experienced SC trader, 99'9% of any SC account trade is totally safe. In the extremely rare cases when the trade went bad, a scammer is to be blamed. CIG has always been very proactive and understanding with the situation and has helped in the positive resolution of the trade.

- Working with Paypal invoices is mandatory to provide almost a 100% certainty that you will get your money back if something goes wrong.

- Do not sell your account. If it contains early backer rewards, you'll be glad that you conserve it when the time comes. Instead, sell your excess credits and keep a game package at least.

Forgot your password?