Ship buying.

Lethal1961

Commander
Donor
Feb 27, 2022
RSI Handle
lethal1961
Ok thinking of purchasing a couple new ship's but I have been hearing about this fleet week coming up I believe in May ? . Anyhow is this true and will there be ships for sale there ? .

Reactions: FZD and Vavrik

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Ok so no real savings then over just getting them now thank you .
If you go with combining warbond upgrades released during Fleet Week and Alien Week, depending on your goal you can make great savings.

Plus the new drake ground transport vehicle will be a nice LTI token probably.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Ok so no real savings then over just getting them now thank you .
Well, to clarify, there will be $5-$10 discounts, that you can also get in a warbond CCU form. So you can stack them.
That's how I got my $155 CCU chain to Banu Merchantman, that was $350 when I started accruing it, and is $550 now. That's like $200 or $400 in savings depending on how you look at it.
It's a pretty long process though, as you need to accrue those kinda chains over several years.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Well, to clarify, there will be $5-$10 discounts, that you can also get in a warbond CCU form. So you can stack them.
That's how I got my $155 CCU chain to Banu Merchantman, that was $350 when I started accruing it, and is $550 now. That's like $200 or $400 in savings depending on how you look at it.
It's a pretty long process though, as you need to accrue those kinda chains over several years.
Or just throw caution to the wind and buy whatever ship you want when you want it and not worry about possible cost savings.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
From my understanding Fleet Week will:

- Put some limited availability ships on sale, think for example about the Ageist Sabre you can only buy it when it is made available for sale and this will be one of those times.

- insurance on specific ships/CCUs bought during Fleet Week will be 10 years, not the usual 6 months.

- Some (like a handful) will get Warbond ships and CCUs which will be a couple of bucks cheaper but that adds up if you are making a chain to your destination ship.

- there will (should) be a cheap(er) new ship with LTI which you can make your chains out of, which will then give you the ship you want with Life Time Insurance looong after its original concept sale.

Also, and this is very cool: Fleet Week is going to be an event IN GAME. It's a convention you can actually attend, walk around, view and enter ships in the convention hall, hire them for free to take out in the skies and try out yourself. :-)

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Invictus is also where you get the rare opportunity to steal an F8, Idris or Jav. It's "stunts" week for many players who take advantage of all the pomp and circumstance. You will see ships you never see at other times, especially including the military grade F8 "uber-fighter". IIRC, it is not unheard of for new military ships to be released at that time. If memory serves, the Eclipse was released at Invictus.

Reactions: Lethal1961
Forgot your password?