Ship, Captain, and Crew EVENT 06 July @ 6pm UTC

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
This is a relatively new event, but with the test play session last week, we got some good feedback on when and how to play this event! Join us in learning what it takes to be a part of a crew, lead your people as a captain, and how to effectively manage and run your ship the way you have always dreamed.

With this, we will be going through and working as a team to conquer various scenarios from combating space pirates to tasks as trivial as standing watch on a secure entryway. While not every scenario is as exciting as the last, each one has something important to teach us when it comes to grasping that cohesiveness it takes to effectively run a crew. Some of the roles you can expect to see at this event include:

Captain - is responsible for those on his/her crew and should have an outstanding sense of situational awareness and control of not only their ship but the crew as well. Difficult decision making should be at the top of this person's resume.

Pilot/Copilot - fly the ship as directed by the captain. Should be familiar with navigational charts and ship functionality so as to keep the vessel running optimally. Usually falls 2nd in command should something happen to the captain.

Security - should be armed and armored. Their role is to keep the crew safe. Tasks often include standing watch or roving the ship to maintain tactical advantage at all times.

Engineer/Maintenance - should know every inch of the ship and where each component is located. Crawl spaces and maintenance ladders should be your forte. (When components become physicalized, this role will have more responsibilities)

These are the main roles I foresee being utilized the most on just about any multi-crew ship. Lets start small and see how we do with taking and giving orders in this week's Ship, Captain, and Crew event! Feel free to sign up below so I can get an idea of how many intend on attending and the role you would like to fill or try out. We will go through some protocols during the session which you can try out when you run your own ship!

If you have any questions regarding this event, please ask below in the comments/reply!

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
Sounds like fun, I'll have to try and make it to this one.

One role that I haven't seen anyone list yet is a Load Master/Officer of the Deck. It would be someone that would be responsible for making sure that a cargo bay or vehicle bay is loaded properly and in a way that is actually useful. This would be the Load Master on smaller ships and an Officer of the Deck on larger ships. They would also be responsible for taking an inventory of all cargo so they would know what is in there.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
You forgot medic. Sure, nothing to do for a medic at this point, except maybe man a turret or repel boarders, but someday...

BTW, I know how to stand a watch on the brow with a shotgun, done it many times. Can't remember my 10 General Orders anymore, but I'm sure they are posted somewhere on the internet.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Sounds like fun, I'll have to try and make it to this one.

One role that I haven't seen anyone list yet is a Load Master/Officer of the Deck. It would be someone that would be responsible for making sure that a cargo bay or vehicle bay is loaded properly and in a way that is actually useful. This would be the Load Master on smaller ships and an Officer of the Deck on larger ships. They would also be responsible for taking an inventory of all cargo so they would know what is in there.
Oh good idea! Loadmaster is definitely something we will probably need for cargo runs!
You forgot medic. Sure, nothing to do for a medic at this point, except maybe man a turret or repel boarders, but someday...

BTW, I know how to stand a watch on the brow with a shotgun, done it many times. Can't remember my 10 General Orders anymore, but I'm sure they are posted somewhere on the internet.
Space Doc is something we can totally slide in as a role! Also, I'm fairly certain there are 11 general orders. We may have to bring that back if we are gonna run a tight ship! :like:

Forgot your password?