Ship Customization & Insurance

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
Hello Testies,
As I understand, ships that go through the customizer have both the hull & all customize equipment returned to them on a regular (LTI) insurance claim.
Ships that you upgrade the equipment on your own (outside the customizer), you would have to purchase additional insurance for your equipment upgrades (once the game is live).

Are the above statements correct as of what we know now? Thanks in advance!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
There are, to my knowledge 3 tiers of insurance planned.

1) Standard Hull Insurance. Replaces the basic Hull and stock weapons/shield/power plants etc. Exact same as LTI, a very minor price. I believe it was mentioned to be subsidized by the UEE government at one point?

2) Upgrade Insurance. Either gives replacement equipment for upgrades you've got on your ship or a cash payout so you can get more. More expensive than Standard Hull Insurance/LTI.

3) Cargo insurance. Gives you a partial cash payout when you lose your cargo from a valid claim. No details but likely will be a % cost of your gross cargo cost.

SHI/LTI is going to be valid wherever you roam but CIG has stated that some frontier or lawless systems will void Cargo and Upgrade Insurance. Even with LTI you still have to get the other 2 insurances as well.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
There are, to my knowledge 3 tiers of insurance planned.

1) Standard Hull Insurance. Replaces the basic Hull and stock weapons/shield/power plants etc. Exact same as LTI, a very minor price. I believe it was mentioned to be subsidized by the UEE government at one point?

2) Upgrade Insurance. Either gives replacement equipment for upgrades you've got on your ship or a cash payout so you can get more. More expensive than Standard Hull Insurance/LTI.

3) Cargo insurance. Gives you a partial cash payout when you lose your cargo from a valid claim. No details but likely will be a % cost of your gross cargo cost.

SHI/LTI is going to be valid wherever you roam but CIG has stated that some frontier or lawless systems will void Cargo and Upgrade Insurance. Even with LTI you still have to get the other 2 insurances as well.
This is what I thought as well. But if your ship goes through the customizer then the upgraded equipment is considered Standard and only requires Standard Hull Insurance (don't need to purchase Upgrade Insurance). Is that accurate?

If that's the case the cusomizer is pretty attractive. Just too bad it costs so much. I calculated a 49k aUEC cost upgrade on the 325 to cost $29. ouch.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
This is what I thought as well. But if your ship goes through the customizer then the upgraded equipment is considered Standard and only requires Standard Hull Insurance (don't need to purchase Upgrade Insurance). Is that accurate?

If that's the case the cusomizer is pretty attractive. Just too bad it costs so much. I calculated a 49k aUEC cost upgrade on the 325 to cost $29. ouch.
To my knowledge, upgrade insurance will cover all non-standard equipment that's on your ship.

So hypothetically if my Cutlass gets destroyed and I had 4 Sledges on the body, upgrades shields, computer, and powerplant, etc etc I would either get my base ship with stock equipment back and a lump sum of UEC to buy back upgrades OR my Cutlass back with the same upgraded equipment pre-loaded.

No idea as of yet, but with equipment persistence coming in the next patch or two it seems like a good time to implement the upgrade insurance.

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ
Customizer?
What this is?
First I have heard of this I think. I would gladly pay money for equipment that I dont have to worry about replacing whrn I blow up, especially since I have so many ships and some are big ships. I can see that gobbling up any uec I might have pretty quick.

Reactions: Deroth and Sraika

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Customizer?
What this is?
First I have heard of this I think. I would gladly pay money for equipment that I dont have to worry about replacing whrn I blow up, especially since I have so many ships and some are big ships. I can see that gobbling up any uec I might have pretty quick.
It's first iteration is on the 300 series. Take a look at this crappy video I made for moar details:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES3M97apBRM

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
you should make more videos
they are fun
Thank you for the kind words, I have little time these days between work and home life but hope to return to making this nonsense as and when I can.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
Customizer?
What this is?
They said eventually you could use the customizer ingame for most of the ships. IMHO it is an expensive way for equipment upgrades, but what is attractive is that if you got a big fleet you don't have to worry about which ships need upgrade insurance (assuming you don't change the configuration after you customize the ship).

Forgot your password?