Ship Names - is there a Test prefix?

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I am curious if anyone has thought about using a prefix to semi-identify ships as belonging to Test Squadron members
Something like TSS (Test Squadron Ship), TSBSS (Test Squadron Best Squadron Ship), RRS (Rock Raiders Ship), or maybe TRRS (Test Rock Raiders Ship), TYJS (Test Yellow Jacket Ship), TBS (Test Beer ship) or TBHS (Test Beer Hauling Ship), etc.

Obviously, there would be people that would use it to make it SEEM like they were a Test Ship, and there would be no way to force someone to use it when they come into Test, or remove it when they leave Test, but it's still something to think on.

I am not suggesting that this be mandatory, but it might be kind of fun to have a prefix or set of prefixes that the leadership has given a nod to. Heck, you might even want a few version so that There can be multiple ships with similar names. Like TSS Beer Hauler, TSBS Beer Hauler, RRS Beer Hauler, etc.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I like GLS, for the good Montoya said unto us all, all your shippers shallst be mineth, for you are test, and test is me.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Why not just "T.E.S.T."?

People can make up whatever acronym meaning they want.
Terrible Exploding Ship or Target
TEST Expeditionary Shipping Transport
Etc etc
TEST Enterprises Stuff Transporter?

Gotta say i'm a bit bummed out not to have a craft in my collection I can name right now, but I've waited this long what's a little longer? :)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm not going to go around advertising I'm in Test! People might think I'm a bad pilot!
Being an active TESTie on the forum you're going to be on at least one orgs Kill On Sight list whether you have a prefix or not 😄

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
MFS

my fucking ship

edit: MFES

my fucking Expendable ship

because I don't get attached to what exists to be blown up

Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Loving all the fun variations of prefix names!

my thought is that unless CIG puts in ORG prefixes that would auto populate, we can use TSS, MFS, GLS, whatever to personalize the names of our ships.
me? I will probably go with TSS for most of them, I already named my 600 Ajax and my Corsair Soulcrusher, but I think I am good with TSS something or other for the rest,

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Or we could just drop a sign before landing so anyone in the area are aware what's about to happen.. 🤪

WNW ( We're not weird ) or WJD ( We're Just Drunk ) or "WNW - WJD - TEST SQUARDON !"

Last edited:
Forgot your password?