Ship names

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
I believe I've seen it mentioned that we'll be able to name our ships in-game (think 'Memphis Belle', 'Spirit of St. Louis', 'Glamorous Glennis', etc.)

I don't have any good ideas for the rest of my fleet, but Black Sunder's mention of one of the best 'pep rally' movie scenes in recent memory made me decide that my Redeemer is almost certainly getting named 'Cherry Bomb', and now I'm starting to dream up what I want for nose art.

So... what are you drunkards naming yours? In the spirit of the org, I'm sure we'll see various 'adult beverage' names as well as the straight-to-the-point TEST names like 'Hindenburg II'.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
My Retaliator is "Poor Life Choices." I'm leaning towards "Capitalist Swine" for my Phoenix.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
My dad bought a 22-foot sailboat a few years before I was born. I definitely grew up on that boat, definitely inspired me to learn to sail and swim at a young age. Many awesome memories I still have, and they get me through these cold Michigan winters. It was sad when she finally sunk. I wanted to name a ship after that boat: The Heir Apparent I think that would be a pretty fitting name for my Phoenix.
It looked a lot like this (wish I had some digital scans of actual photos though):

I know though that the first property/purchase I'd make if I won a lottery was a new sailboat so I could go sailing with my dad.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
I've named my Retailator so..

I've not really thought of my other ships yet because I almost want to see how they handle in game and how they feel. A name is a very organic thing to me. Need to take her out and see what she can handle before I can name it.

If she argues and doesn't want to do what I say, I might name her "Kyle's Mom" (NSFW for excessive use of bitch)
If she handles like a dream and takes all that I can give her, I might call her "Naomi" which is I moan backwards.

Reactions: Walex

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Cutlass: Dirty Dirk. I love alliteration, and it sounds like a deliciously piratey name.

Gladius: Night Fury. Toothless is the best dragon.

Gladiator: Dustbringer. A reference to a great fantasy series (The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson, 9.5/10 would recommend)

Caterpillar: Da Blacktoof. The personal ship of Kaptain Badrukk, one of the most feared and deadly Ork Freebooterz (pirates for u pink skinned 'umies!) This is the orkiest looking ship to me, and being a grizzled 40k warboss, I had to show my ork pride off somehow.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
My dad bought a 22-foot sailboat a few years before I was born. I definitely grew up on that boat, definitely inspired me to learn to sail and swim at a young age. Many awesome memories I still have, and they get me through these cold Michigan winters. It was sad when she finally sunk. I wanted to name a ship after that boat: The Heir Apparent I think that would be a pretty fitting name for my Phoenix.
It looked a lot like this (wish I had some digital scans of actual photos though):

I know though that the first property/purchase I'd make if I won a lottery was a new sailboat so I could go sailing with my dad.
As a fellow MI Yachtsman, cheers. That is pretty awesome. 20 feet or 200 feet, fun is always had with family.

It doesn't count as Russian Roulette if simply showing up causes enemies to explode in fear.
True but who will tell me otherwise then? Should they live the Roulette is deciding what gun will be the one that kills them.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
My ship names as of now:

Super Hornet: Storm Shadow
Gladius: Storm Caller
Khartu-Al: Crimson Lightning
Freelancer MIS: Storm Fury
Retaliator: Storm Destiny
Redeemer: Storm Blade

Consellation Phoenix: Shiny
Reclaimer: Orca Borka
Harold: Jeff Goldblum (Must got Faster!)
315P: The What Where?

Reactions: Civil Hypocricy

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
My redeemer was named Corvus, before I replaced her with my Retaliator, Hypatia. I had an avenger named Bubbles, a cutlass named
the Killigrew, and my gladius was named Huitzilopotchtli.

Captain Easy

Commander
Nov 19, 2014
RSI Handle
captaineasy
On another site I entered a discussion about how easy/difficult it will be to crew large ships with players. So I thought long and hard on this (30 seconds actually, but the hard part is true):

IDRIS 'Free Beer'
(this always seems to draw a crowd)

AVENGER 'last call'

350 'pew pew'

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
On another site I entered a discussion about how easy/difficult it will be to crew large ships with players. So I thought long and hard on this (30 seconds actually, but the hard part is true):

IDRIS 'Free Beer'
(this always seems to draw a crowd)

AVENGER 'last call'

350 'pew pew'
How about "fast pew pew" for the 350R?

Forgot your password?