Ship Nose Art?

Gneissnoggin

Admiral
Feb 7, 2016
RSI Handle
Gneissnoggin
Anyone know if we will be able to add our own logos, organisation designations, kill markers, nose art to our ships?

Reactions: Blind Owl

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
They've been talking about letting people add banners or ads to ships. Either they let us or I'll be cutting a design into my ship with a laser. Damage states will save it! Haha!

Reactions: Gneissnoggin

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Chris Roberts has said YES. It will happen when we get a Paint Room for our Hangar.
oh noes, flying penises in spaace!

seriously, I really want the capability, but asshats are gonna be asshats

I will be interested to see how CIG handles this

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
oh noes, flying penises in spaace!

seriously, I really want the capability, but asshats are gonna be asshats

I will be interested to see how CIG handles this
I agree. I will be interested to see how CIG balances accessibility to this feature while soothing the overly-sensitive complainers that want to keep everything to their squeaky clean standards.

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
Specifically, they *had* a paint system in place that no longer works with the advanced shaders they are using for components and damage states.

But there will, at the least, be the ability to tint the primary and secondary colors (the white and black on the Avenger, for instance) and they really want to give us the ability to add "decals", things like wing and tail insignia.

Hope that will extend to nose-art and names, myself. But I haven't heard that stated specifically.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
To add to that, they have discussed, but never confirmed, the modding of skins in the PU.

Currently they are only considering mods for private servers with the hint that they may have an approval system in place for getting custom content into the game.

It is my hope that they use the EA system to distribute and evaluate mods - let us make mods and use them in Arena Command, Star Marine and custom sims.
EA already provides us with limited private servers and would allow evaluation of mods for consideration into the PU.
CIG could gather metrics and also evaluate those flying penises.
The skins that make the cut can be added to the after release pipeline at CIG for cleanup.

Honestly, if they want to deliver on the modding stretch goal, they need to start planning the framework for distribution and evaluation *now*!

(and I'm a little disappointed I can't find a good modder liason at CIG :-( I'm so needy. )

(Edit: sheepishly stepping down from soapbox now)

Reactions: Gneissnoggin
Forgot your password?