Ship purchase question

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
So I currently have Reliant with LTI, Andromeda digital package, and a 5 dollar arena commander pass.

I have intended to upgrade the Andromeda to a Aquila for 50 bucks. Since my main focus will be exploration. However with CCU I now realized i can sell back my Andromeda digital package and upgrade the Reliant to a Aquila and it will have LTI. I then will have 50 bucks left over plus the 5 dollar arena commander pass.

If i do this it says i keep everything ells so I will keep Selfland hangar, Reliant poster, Reliant Model, and LTI with my new Aquila.
I will lose Revel and Yourk hangar, cot, ect that comes wit the packaged. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Constellation-Andromeda

With the 55 bucks (after selling the arena commander pass back) I can then buy a mustang or Aurora starter package and get the arena commander pass back spending 45. Then i can upgrade with the last 10 bucks to another ship. Duno what I would want tho. I got the Reliant so i had a throw away ship with LTI that can haul and fight. The fact it is also a 2 seat ship appeals to me as well. But having LTI on my exploration ship will be amazing. Never having to worry about the ship being lost and having to replace it and the info i find, instead i just jump back in the new one and off i go to re-scan.

so to my question. WHAT SHOULD I DO!!! lol

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
The reliant tho would be LTI on the base one. So i would constantly have to upgrade it to explore each time it gets destroyed.

Plus id have to spend 50 bucks keeping it that i dont have, (and the wife would kill me over) to get the aquila.
I suppose i could get the mustang beta and have the 1 seat exploration ship. That would use all the money ive spent giving me arena commander accsess mustang beta and a aquila with LTI.
I duno. The reliant i got because I liked the ship to. Lol. So id either keep a bunch of digital items and the reliant with LTI and spending 50 bucks, or trade the reliant for a aquila lose digital goods and get a mustang beta.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
The reliant tho would be LTI on the base one. So i would constantly have to upgrade it to explore each time it gets destroyed.

Plus id have to spend 50 bucks keeping it that i dont have, (and the wife would kill me over) to get the aquila.
I suppose i could get the mustang beta and have the 1 seat exploration ship. That would use all the money ive spent giving me arena commander accsess mustang beta and a aquila with LTI.
I duno. The reliant i got because I liked the ship to. Lol. So id either keep a bunch of digital items and the reliant with LTI and spending 50 bucks, or trade the reliant for a aquila lose digital goods and get a mustang beta.
You would CCU to the Researcher Variant once they get released and keep the LTI.

Have you thought of a Freelancer DUR? I'd let you borrow my Carrack until you got what you wanted ingame.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Ya i guess the decision is better left for later. I would need to see just what sensors it has and how well it will be for exploration. Right now all we have to go on is hear say on what the exploration ships will be good for and the like. no idea on the sensor packages and what sensors are needed to find what.

Only ship I know of that specifically mentions finding jump points is the Aquila and the Carrack.

Quasaris

Rear Admiral
May 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Quasaris
If you like the Reliant why don’t you wait for it to be released in-engine, it won't be long now.
Then you’ll be able to get a Reliant Package, and CCU your current LTI Reliant (without package) to an LTI Aquila.

You’ll get a Constellation Aquila LTI + Reliant + Reliant Taketsu Model + Reliant Poster + Selfland Hangar

That way you'll have a small ship which is able to travel through the small jump points, and later when you hire a couple of NPCs you’ll have a fully operational Aquila to venture into the unknown.

About the hangar I like the Ridley Scott’s Alien look of Selfland hangar, the vibe gets along better with an explorer type of ship such as the Aquila. Plus you won’t be limited to start at one of the core civilized planets as Revel&York may be.

Forgot your password?