Ship Tactics

Dethsause

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Dethsause
So I was messing around with the Freelancer recently and started practicing combat landings because one day there will probably need to come in hot and land as quickly as possible. It's tricky trying to go from cruse speeds to full stop over a landing platform and then strafing down to land. So does anyone else have fun tactics they have been messing around with?

crazywavau

Commander
Donor
Feb 28, 2016
RSI Handle
crazywavau
Strafe spin with single focal point. being able to move and recover quickly with target acquisition being kept is a key move. get that ship rolling and then strafe while staying on target, it's fun to try.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hot landings for sure. Also, I really wanna master decoupled spins to nail those annoying bastardy on your ass. Or just decoupled mode period. So many factors. Like knowing when to disengage and cruise away to charge up my shields.

Also, proper ramming techniques. For those annoying Bengal carriers. ;)

Reactions: Grimbli and ErnoCor

ErnoCor

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Erno-Cor
doing bunch of space combat maneuvers on Vanduul swarm and learning to use suckerpunch cannons and missiles effectively
I think I'm getting the hang of it.
Now all that is left is to learn more of the FPS once we get the Star Marine thingy, although I've already got thousands of hours of exp on that side (Don't go see my CS:GO playtime I beg you its depressing)

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03

EMP! EMP EVERYTHING!!! (thats the only logical answer since it showed up on my hornet's hud, cept idk how to activate it.)

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
See last thread you posted about deja vu, now im having deja vu about deja vu, idk im drunk, and possibly hallucinating.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Hot landings for sure
Every landing I perform is a hot landing!

Had a few guys commend me the other night on my landing skills of the Gemini, I was a bit taken aback.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Let Sober You find Drunk You, without first finding alcohol. This way you also learn how to find where Drunk You put things for Sober You to find, without surprises.
But what if I like surprises?
Also, those two mes should never meet. I fear for the space time continuum if they do...
Every landing I perform is a hot landing!

Had a few guys commend me the other night on my landing skills of the Gemini, I was a bit taken aback.
You will teach me this mythical skill.
I was there for that (Metal-Muffin). It was pretty impressive.
Metal muffin?

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Super-hornet combat is a lot like playing chicken..

Except you're sat in a truck covered in guns.

I'd love to get better at group tactics though - Supported combat is always a lot more fun / less nasty surprises.

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
I can`t get in game right now to test this, but multi crew ships trying to turn with a fighter is just insanity, and moving around puts the gun crews at a real disadvantage . Try this, as soon as you come in contact with fighters you must go on the defensive. Turn and align with a quantum drive point, go into super cruise and raise rear shields to max. get your gun crews to stations, get on the horn for backup. now you are on a corse to quantum out if needed. your gunners can cover your aft, shields will help with damage, and the enemy fighters will not be able to swarm around you, they will have to come from your 6 o`clock right into your turrets firing arc. the fighters closing speed will be slow, and if they do fly past you to the front you can engage with missiles and guns. if you can`t hold out jump into quantum.

Forgot your password?