Should I put a turbo on my yxz?

Should I put a turbo on my yxz?

• Are you crazy! You'll break your axle!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Are you nuts, you'll run over some one?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go for it!

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Too expensive.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
brakes first, before you add to go, you need to add to woah. This means, make a plan...

what HP and torque do you want? What kind of times or abilities? Then start with new wheels/tires/brakes. Suspension and axles to handle the improved HP next, so you don’t break anything. Finally do the engine upgrades.

Again, it’s not as simple as adding a blower. Make sure the engine can handle the additional power. Crank, connecting rods, block, pistons, oiling system, intake, exhaust, oil pump and drive for that pump, heads, changing the head bolts to studs, gaskets, etc. make sure each part you put in can handle the anticipated power of your plan or more.

power is great, power is fun...power without control and the appropriate work to ensure it does not get away from you gets you very expensive bills, unanticipated downtime, and maybe a long walk back.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
power is great, power is fun...power without control and the appropriate work to ensure it does not get away from you gets you very expensive bills, unanticipated downtime, and maybe a long walk back.
Great advice! To be transparent, I had my tires deflated for that run to get more climbing grip on the difficult hills... but I really want the power on demand that a turbo brings - not pop a wheelie power. There is definitely a lot to it, including the engine. Low gear, mid gears, its not too much of a problem. This is a high rpm machine (10-12k to hit the red line). I guess I'll say, if I can find 6k for an upgrade, ill do it for Moab in May. If I could build this in the game (starship, not a utv) like star citizen that would be great. Power has problems, too much torque, engine modifications, etc.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?