Skyrim VR next month for Vive and Rift

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Steve, In fallout 4 VR you could use your none VR saves (even though it said you could not) You just cut/paste them from one game file to the other, So hopefully you will not have to start again. As I played when it first came out for a year I will start from the begining

Reactions: Stevetank

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I've had Fallout 4 installed for 3 months and I have yet to start a game. I won't lose any progress, ha.

Reactions: Shiwaz

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Got Skyrim VR on the Rift yesterday and played for nearly 8 hours between 0700hrs and 2130hrs.
It is much better than Fall Out 4, the controls on the Oculus controllers are fantastic, the thumb sticks allow for very accurate control.
Visuals are good although I have a good rig and can put SS up to 100% and AA to 0%.

I am using smooth movement rather than teleport, and snap turning set to small movements. I have not felt any nausea, for VR fans to judge Aircar made feel very ill very quickly.

Lydia looks worryingly good, the NPC's look brilliant. I fought a dragon and was killed 5 times, on the 6th attempt I was hiding behind rocks and peeking/sniping, looking up and over by shoulder, twisting, side stepping, running for cover, it was a great gaming experience.

You do get hot. So please imagine me in my underpants with a 2 litre camel pack on so I can sip at the straw as I twist around in my room- scale.

As I have not played the add-ons I have new worlds to explore.

I am very happy

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Got Skyrim VR on the Rift yesterday and played for nearly 8 hours between 0700hrs and 2130hrs.
Im dying to try this out!

But $60 for the game and $400 for the Rift make this an expensive investment for a few hours of fun!

Is there any motion sickness?

Reactions: Bambooza

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Im dying to try this out!

But $60 for the game and $400 for the Rift make this an expensive investment for a few hours of fun!

Is there any motion sickness?
I am using smooth movement rather than teleport, and snap turning set to small movements. I have not felt any nausea, for VR fans to judge Aircar made feel very ill very quickly.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?