So, is the Blood Cutty in game?

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
According to some dataminers the code for it is in the 8.1 ptu patch, but they haven't released it for testing yet. As I own one, i'm very interested in seeing it. Hope it comes with somewhere to empty the bed pans :P

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
8.X is going to be exciting for many of us, Bloody Cutty (hehe I like that) for you and Carrack for me. 😁

I haven't done any 8.0 videos because I got tired of the overall in-stability of the patch and I've done my fair share of testing / bug reports. Hoping 8.1 is better, but when our ships come out I need to get my ass in the seat and do some content on what's new. :like:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'm actually more interested in the Apollo. My habit is to run Vanguard wing assault scenarios in my head, thinking about deep penetration tactics and future use of small flights of primarily Sentinels, with the Hoplite BUK installed, used for boarding and terrestrial strikes. The one thing missing in that package is med facilities and the ability to spawn in situ after being killed in something like a boarding action.

I don't think on it much since med is really not in game yet, but the Apollo does have the range and speed of the Vanguard, and perhaps could even be stealthed out. Could be a good match. It also brings large radar to the table--very nice.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I don't think on it much since med is really not in game yet, but the Apollo does have the range and speed of the Vanguard, and perhaps could even be stealthed out. Could be a good match. It also brings large radar to the table--very nice.
If the MISC Endeavour ever becomes more than a JPEG, it has a large mobile hospital module to supplement medical gameplay. It isn't a ship to bring into direct contact with adversaries, but can support a large fleet if and where needed - providing there are ships like the Cutlass Red or Apollo's around to be the well armed and armoured ambulances!

Vav's Mobile Butcher Shop Hospital at your service.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
It isn't a ship to bring into direct contact with adversaries
Wait till CR realizes that Endeavor would actually make for a very nice weapons platform and it gets couple huge turret modules. I'm guessing at least size 26, that's where the power creep will be at when they finally get around to implementing Endeavor...

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Wait till CR realizes that Endeavor would actually make for a very nice weapons platform and it gets couple huge turret modules. I'm guessing at least size 26, that's where the power creep will be at when they finally get around to implementing Endeavor...
Size 26 weapons... that would be approaching the size of a Belaz 75710 (490 Ton capacity dump truck). I like it! A LOT!!!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
If the MISC Endeavour ever becomes more than a JPEG. . .
I respect and admire the Endeavour, but it will never be part of a stealth incursion package. At best, medium ships will go where others rightly fear to tread.

You need to be able to hide to do deep incursions.

We're going to go murder Vanduul, because the story says they deserve to be murdered. Enveavours can't do that. A medium cross section ship with a large radar (like the Apollo) has "We're gonna murder you" written all over it. Apollos need apply!

An Apollo with several Sentinels sporting the Hoplite BUK says "kill them all and let God sort them out." It also says "we can go wherever we want and take no captives."

Vanguards rule.

Last edited:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I respect and admire the Endeavour, but it will never be part of a stealth incursion package. At best, medium ships will go where others rightly fear to tread.

You need to be able to hide to do deep incursions.

We're going to go murder Vanduul, because the story says they deserve to be murdered. Enveavours can't do that. A medium cross section ship with a large radar (like the Apollo) has "We're gonna murder you" written all over it. Apollos need apply!

An Apollo with several Sentinels sporting the Hoplite BUK says "kill them all and let God sort them out." It also says "we can go wherever we want and take no captives."

Vanguards rule.
Well, we don't exactly know what sort of sensor array Endeavor will end up having. But it might very well be, that Endeavor ends up being able to detect an Apollo before the Apollo can detect the Endeavor thanks to some module. In that case, Endeavor could hide from the Apollo.

I can definitely see that Endeavor could be used as a sort of mobile listening post in hostile space. I'm definitely getting the kinda "Great sensor array" wibe from the Endeavors material, but of course, that's very much speculation.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm going to turn my Endeavors super collider into a capital-ship scale EMP by throwing a big box of fridge magnets in to it.

Roughly half will start rotating clockwise and roughly half anit-clockwise, and when they get up to close to lightspeed I'll cross the streams and see what happens.

If that doesn't make a superpowerful EMP it'll flip the ship into an alternate dimension or explode or crash the server or something eqally as impressive.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm going to turn my Endeavors super collider into a capital-ship scale EMP by throwing a big box of fridge magnets in to it.

Roughly half will start rotating clockwise and roughly half anit-clockwise, and when they get up to close to lightspeed I'll cross the streams and see what happens.

If that doesn't make a superpowerful EMP it'll flip the ship into an alternate dimension or explode or crash the server or something eqally as impressive.
I want to be on board for this. With beer.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
The Vanguard Sentinel seems to be the best ship for that role. I love that ship.
But the Apollo variants are designed for triage and medivac, which are support roles. They lack firepower, though they have some defensive capability. The Medivac is what you'd want to bring I think. But then what?

You're light years away from human civilization, with injured teammates in a hostile system, flying in a ship that has limited defensive capability. You do not want your flight of Vanguards distracted by protecting a defenceless ship in their midst for longer than they need to.
To me, the Apollo's role is in support of a strike, not as part of it.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
To me, the Apollo's role is in support of a strike, not as part of it.
I think this apply also to the Cutlass: they have a papaer thin armor, not so heavy aweapons and even if decent agile, they can't for sure out manuver a dedicated fighter (pkus the red doesn't have the turret that can help on defence side).
Support ship a re classified as "support" for a reason: they should work to avoid fight rater then survive them, and is the job of the actual proper combat unite to allow them to safely get in and out.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Agreed! No one wants a support ship in a fire fight. I think though, when you consider deep pentration missions into Vanduul , pirate or slaver space, where there is expectation of boarding or terrestrial FPS play, you need to be able to heal NPCs so you don't lose them, and spawn PCs in situ so they can return to a fight. That means you want some sort of serious healing and beds as spawn points.

So for instance, say you want to try to take that slaver Carrack out in Null, just outside UEE space. Can you do that with just 3 Sentinels? Maybe. But once you board her, the defenders have a huge advantage, so you really want two attack teams and a third as reinforcements, including at least one PC who can step in if a PC goes down.

You can't bring the Apollo to the fight, but you can bring it to the system where the fight is gonna be, and you can bring it right alongside the Carrack once you've boarded her, which means minimal time to return to the fight if a PC gets killled, and minimum time healing if an NPC is injured.

IIRC, there will be no NPC rebirths, and they are expensive, so you want to keep them healthy. I'm excited just to hear the med thing is Alpha-ing soon. Right now even our guesses are bad. We don't even know what questions to ask. One thing we do know though, is that if an Apollo is sitting on an asteroid, or otherwise nearly invisible, that Large radar is going to be a game changer. I'm still surprised by it and wonder if they won't downgrade it. The Apollo is very, VERY small to be sporting Large radar.

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Agreed! No one wants a support ship in a fire fight. I think though, when you consider deep pentration missions into Vanduul , pirate or slaver space, where there is expectation of boarding or terrestrial FPS play, you need to be able to heal NPCs so you don't lose them, and spawn PCs in situ so they can return to a fight. That means you want some sort of serious healing and beds as spawn points.

So for instance, say you want to try to take that slaver Carrack out in Null, just outside UEE space. Can you do that with just 3 Sentinels? Maybe. But once you board her, the defenders have a huge advantage, so you really want two attack teams and a third as reinforcements, including at least one PC who can step in if a PC goes down.

You can't bring the Apollo to the fight, but you can bring it to the system where the fight is gonna be, and you can bring it right alongside the Carrack once you've boarded her, which means minimal time to return to the fight if a PC gets killled, and minimum time healing if an NPC is injured.

IIRC, there will be no NPC rebirths, and they are expensive, so you want to keep them healthy. I'm excited just to hear the med thing is Alpha-ing soon. Right now even our guesses are bad. We don't even know what questions to ask. One thing we do know though, is that if an Apollo is sitting on an asteroid, or otherwise nearly invisible, that Large radar is going to be a game changer. I'm still surprised by it and wonder if they won't downgrade it. The Apollo is very, VERY small to be sporting Large radar.

You are right you are going to want/need medical support close to the action. One thing we are used to now but have been warned about is that med pens are not going to heal. They will stabilize for a short while depending on the injury but to be healed you will need to visit a friendly med bay.

While I am not sure how the Endeavor will be I do know the Cuttless Red and Apollo will be in high demand.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I think the smaller and faster the support ship is, the closer it can go to a conflict area once the area has been cleared. The Cutty Red has just 4 med beds. I'm hoping the Apollo will have closer to 10. The Endeavor could carry closer to 100, but it will be dangerous to bring it close to a conflict. If enemy reinforcements arrive, support vessels need to be able to flee, and the Cutty and Apollo can do that.

The thing with the Apollo's large radar is, that during the initial targeting phase, where an attack wing is silently drifting and scanning for targets, the Cutty and Apollo can keep up and the Apollo's radar should offer quite an advantage in that while passive, it should be able to see without being seen quite well. That means early warning and enhanced opportunities for surprising a target.

Also note the Hoplite BUK does not include beds, toilet, etc., so it needs some sort of support for deep incursion. I'm not sure though if that means the Hoplite pilots can actually log off. Probably not, so that is really an advanatge saved for the Polaris (which is what you get when you put these all together, though slower and easier to spot.)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I think the smaller and faster the support ship is, the closer it can go to a conflict area once the area has been cleared. The Cutty Red has just 4 med beds. I'm hoping the Apollo will have closer to 10. The Endeavor could carry closer to 100, but it will be dangerous to bring it close to a conflict. If enemy reinforcements arrive, support vessels need to be able to flee, and the Cutty and Apollo can do that.

The thing with the Apollo's large radar is, that during the initial targeting phase, where an attack wing is silently drifting and scanning for targets, the Cutty and Apollo can keep up and the Apollo's radar should offer quite an advantage in that while passive, it should be able to see without being seen quite well. That means early warning and enhanced opportunities for surprising a target.

Also note the Hoplite BUK does not include beds, toilet, etc., so it needs some sort of support for deep incursion. I'm not sure though if that means the Hoplite pilots can actually log off. Probably not, so that is really an advanatge saved for the Polaris (which is what you get when you put these all together, though slower and easier to spot.)
The Endeavour has NINE forward driving engines. If that thing can't book it, I'm renaming mine to SaltStorm.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Err... wrong number...
The cutty red have 2
the Apolli, If I remeber rright, have 6 (two room with 3 mad bed each)
The Endovour, or the be precise, the hospital module, I don't know but not only is on the possibile change list, since is still only a concept, but his number are relative: if you need more med bay just add another hospital module...

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

The Apollo is supposed to be configurable from 6 tier 3 beds to 2 tier 1 beds. ie each side has a medical room that is modular and can be configured to have 1 tier 1, 2 tier 2 or 3 tier 3 medical beds so its possible to run with 1 tier 1 and 2 tier 2.

View: https://youtu.be/2QX63JLLiQk?t=1583

This is why I was surprised to hear the Cutlass Red had 2 beds and they allowed respawning which was slated to be a tier 1 ability. But it makes sense if it's just 4 tier 3 beds that they are testing medical gameplay first-tier implementation.

Forgot your password?