So, what can we postulate about the Mercury?

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
What we know:
From Thalstan, good work!

info from the ship sale

Updated with information from the pledge page
Focus: Medium Cargo/Medium Data

Description: The Mercury checks all the boxes expected of a dependable courier vessel, and then some. If you need it there fast and unscathed, you can’t do better than the Mercury. Built with the same engineering and design principals that has made Crusader the go-to manufacturer for galactic transport on any scale, the star runner chassis sets new standards for data and cargo conveyance.

Length 40m
Beam 38m
Height 11.6m
215 m/s SCM speed
1,050 m/s afterburner
min crew 2
max crew 3
Cargo 96 SCU

Radar M
Computers 5xM
Power Plant - 2xM
Cooler - 2xM
Shield Generator - 2xM

Fuel Intake - 2xM
Fuel Tank - 2xM
Quantum Drive - M
Jump Module - M
Quantum Fuel Tank - 2xM
Weapon - 2xS3 (S2 laser repeaters installed)
Turret - 2 mounts, each with 2xS2 laser repeaters installed
Missiles - 2 racks, each with 2 S1 missiles

4 VTOL, 4 Retro, 3 Main thrusters
8 Gimbaled and 4 fixed Mavs

Summary: A slightly bigger than freelancer sized ship (mostly wider) that can hold as much cargo as a Connie Andromeda, plus can also run data as well. Good for the duo and small group, plus maybe some solo work. Not super fast, but decent for it's size.

Thal

Herald and Freelancer are the loaner ships

They have a Ship Shape for it:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUUiA1h9hNU

Last edited:

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
I believe it is medium sized, not large sized .. the rest sounds about right.
Also here is hidden camera footage of some things "DUCK" team allegedly do in their spare time
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3PLgN8uR-k
Yeah, I dunno. Looking at it and the 600 side by side, using the person as reference. It does look more like a large sized ship. Which fits better with the 2-5 man crew.

Leerik

Ensign
Aug 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Leerik
I postulate that I want to prostrate myself infront of that tattooed chick! Maybe a little too much eye makeup but she had a cute personality! :slight_smile:

Anyway, the ship itself looks awesome! I never even considered data running as a potential career. However, that's only because the ships they had for it looked wonky.

This one looks badass but needs a full crew to operate effectively, especially since it's only got 2 size 2's that the pilot can fire. The design is awesome and I am a sucker of asymmetrical shapes. When can we buy ships with in game money????????????!!!!!!! I do not want to pay 200-225 dollars for this!

Forgot your password?