So what is the deal with REC currency?

Ocean

Rear Admiral
Jul 20, 2015
RSI Handle
0cean
I see a REC shop on the website. I see that I have REC. and I obtain REC on every race I play.

what do I do with it exactly? is it literally Rental car coupons? is it a Ticket system and it will only take me 100000 Rec to get a signed picture of Montoya that is clearly forged. only to loose it by a system reset. or after a month?

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Go to the EA store on RSI. It allows you to rent ships and parts for arena commander.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Go to the Electronic Access store on RSI. It allows you to rent ships and parts for arena commander.
FTFY, using the initials might lead to some players thinking that EA's actually involved.

Also, to expand on the rental note: When you "purchase" a ship, weapon, shield or whatever with REC from the electronic access (EA) store, you get a thing that basically adds that item or ship to your hangar's holotable to use for 7 discreet 24 hour periods. Each time you log in, the games says "has it been 24 hours since we added that item for you?" and if the answer is yes, it uses up another of the 24 hour "charges."

Once you've used it on 7 days (consecutive or not), the item has to be renewed or re-purchased. I'm not entirely sure how that one works, as I've never done it.

EDITED to include skippy's update.

Last edited:

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
So you don't freak out, it doesn't actually add them to your hangar to view, but they become available in the holotable and the menu for AC.

Also, IIRC you earn REC through AC itself (besides that one time they gave a ton to us).

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
To re-new an item, go into your hanger page on the RSI site, and click on "My ROMs", there you will see a list of the items you have currently rented. If it is eligible, there will be a button that says "Renew xxx REC" (where xxx is a percentage of the original rental amount).

Ocean

Rear Admiral
Jul 20, 2015
RSI Handle
0cean
so that is how i am getting wrecked in death match...nothing like.

*instant spawn* 4 missile lock *screams!!!! explosions*

bod699

Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
bod699
so that is how i am getting wrecked in death match...nothing like.

*instant spawn* 4 missile lock *screams!!!! explosions*
Indeed, most regulars playing arena commander have the best ships they own or can buy with rec decked out with the best weapons, shields and missiles that they can buy with rec. :)

Forgot your password?