Someone educte me

Crichten

Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
Im_batman
In relation to the Cutlass Black rework...
Is this going to drag the blue and red with it? or are they going to follow on seperetely... Seperateli....Seperatly? separately ?

I'm wondering because I'd quite like the blue to arrest alot of you naughty testies for indecent exposure and feel that the Blue is the appropriate ship for this...

Also I was bullied at school, am nothing without my uniform and can be easily beaten up when I haven't already beaten someone and gotten them into handcuffs by that point in time anyway.

Ps
Fuck you spell check

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Is this going to drag the blue and red with it? or are they going to follow on seperetely... Seperateli....Seperatly? separately ?

I'm wondering because I'd quite like the blue to arrest alot of you naughty testies for indecent exposure and feel that the Blue is the appropriate ship for this...

Also I was bullied at school, am nothing without my uniform and can be easily beaten up when I haven't already beaten someone and gotten them into handcuffs by that point in time anyway.

Ps
Fuck you spell check
Blue and the Red are coming in 3.1. Look towards the bottom of the page.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Broski I live breathe and sleep Cutlass. Like everyone said, Black is setting the tone and is slated to be ready in 3.0.

Then the Red and Blue are planned to be in 3.1. What no one knows however is what exactly the rework is changing with the Red and Blue.

As is the Red loses the turret for a radar dish, loses missile pylon completely because CIG is stupid and forgot they said you could mount things like additional scanners, ECM, extra chaff/flare launchers, and drop tanks on pylon mounts, and wanted to make sure the Red didnt have missiles. It's almost assured the Red will keep her SAR equipment (autodoc, medbay) but aside from that it's all up in the air.

Currently the Blue adds in extra armor, the boarding cells (that CIG has stated pre and post rework you can remove and slot in SAR equipment or cargo space), better stock powerplant + engines, and the coveted +1 increase in shield generator size. Note that the "S5 Shield Generator" is on the old system, so the Blue, if the stats were ever updated on the stats page for any ship ever, would have space for 5 Small Generators or 1 Medium + 1 Small, assuming the Black matches the Hornets 4 Small/1 Medium.

As with the Red, the Blue is almost assuredly going to keep the police equipment and be the "better" Cutlass, but no one knows exactly what that entails.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
The Cutlass as a whole might get a price bump in 3.0, since it's expanded in size noticeably in the rework. Not confirmed one way or another AFAIK.

But I would bet that the comparative price of Black -> Red -> Blue would remain the same. IE if hypothetically the Black gets bumped up to 150 dollars or whatever, then the Red will remain 20$ above the Black, and the Blue 30$ above the Red.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yeah I just wanted to get a better feel for it, and was contemplating how going straight to the blue and waiting for 3.1 or going for the blue now and putting up with it.

I take it the price is unlikely to change for the blue post 3.0?
That is unknown. The price may change as soon as the black rework drops. That being said, you'll get a black loaner if you own the blue.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank

Ps
Fuck you spell check
You need to arrest your phone, lol.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ohh so if I upgrade I get the black anyway?
Until the blue is ready, yes.
I'm not sure that we'll see a price bump. We didn't when the Freelancer grew. The Buccaneer and Herald didn't jump up. They could, but I don't see it happening.
I think it may. It got significantly larger. That being said, I've been wrong before. I'm not afraid. Haha.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
As with the Red, the Blue is almost assuredly going to keep the police equipment and be the "better" Cutlass, but no one knows exactly what that entails.
I would bet they nerf the Blue in some way so that the Black keeps its place as the standard Cutty. If you can't remove the stasis pods, the Black will be the main choice. That is my bet. This would make the Blue great for bounty hunting and not much else.

They want the Black as the standard choice of pirates, miscreants and such. My bet is it will be very customizable, but never get the larger shields, etc.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I would bet they nerf the Blue in some way so that the Black keeps its place as the standard Cutty. If you can't remove the stasis pods, the Black will be the main choice. That is my bet. This would make the Blue great for bounty hunting and not much else.

They want the Black as the standard choice of pirates, miscreants and such. My bet is it will be very customizable, but never get the larger shields, etc.
This would be the justification I've been looking for to own both. Ha

Reactions: hardroc77

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker

That would directly fly in the face of all the talk CIG ever made about the Cutlass being modular, and multiple posts by Devs confirming you could swap around the Cargo/SAR/Cells from variant to variant.

Which means that, since it's the Cutlass, it's probably going to happen :expressionless:

grumble grumble "2 person fighter with unparalleled maneuverability" grumble grumble

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Which means that, since it's the Cutlass, it's probably going to happen :expressionless:

grumble grumble "2 person fighter with unparalleled maneuverability" grumble grumble
Yeah, well I think whatever they do, they will want to keep the Black special in some way, and if you could just pull the stasis pods from the Blue and put in whatever you like, what reason would anyone have to fly the Black?

Even with the smaller reactor and shields, the Black is gonna be VERY bad-ass. If you don't like S3 weapons you would pick another ride, but if you do like them, it is going to be an amazing ship. In fact unless they up the turret sizes on the Redeemer, there would be almost no reason to buy one. . .the Cutty is that good.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Fuck you spell check
There, there, there. Let your anger out. Now don't you feel batter?

Fuckin' spell check did it to me again.

I would bet they nerf the Blue in some way
Damn, I hope not. I want to pimp my Blue to look like the Blues Brothers squad so I cruze the Verse on "a Mission form God."

Forgot your password?