Space Force Flag

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
“The delta symbol, the central design element in the seal, was first used as early as 1942 by the US Army Air Forces; and was used in early Air Force space organization emblems dating back to 1961. Since then, the delta symbol has been a prominent feature in military space community emblems.”

But muh star trek

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
“The delta symbol, the central design element in the seal, was first used as early as 1942 by the US Army Air Forces; and was used in early Air Force space organization emblems dating back to 1961. Since then, the delta symbol has been a prominent feature in military space community emblems.”

But muh star trek
Nothin wrong with that!

Gene Roddenberry was a Captain in the Air Force and probably drew a lot of his inspiration from his time there. There's a lot Star Trek took from the US Air Force, the US Navy, and NASA. The Enterprise was named after the Navy's first Nuclear Carrier while NASA's first Space Shuttle was named Enterprise partly due to heavy lobbying by Star Trek fans lol. 😂

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Even though I'm sure that I will never become a person that lives for any amount of time in space in reality, I fully support the efforts of mankind to move towards achieving that goal for others. May the "Live long & prosper."

Forgot your password?