FZD
All hail Tomatoya!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
For people who have been backers for a while, there is a brewing problem that by year's end might become something CIG is under the gun to do something about.
There is nothing new under Stanton.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Great stuff. Always great to see Mr Tomato. I had no idea he was in Turkey. Cool that.

I just wanted to leave a thought about the questions over Theaters of War. It was once described to me as Star Marine with tanks. IIRC, this was about the time the Nova was released and about the same time the last we heard of the Titansuit. So far as I'm aware, the Titansuit is still expected, though I would not be hugely surprised if ToW waits till after Beta, if it comes at all. Someone seems to have noted the bloat was just too much. Given enough time and resources, ToW could be the next generation of MechWarrior, but it would need to be in some substancial ways better than Mechwarrior or it would serve to lead people away from SC rather than toward it. Instead, just putting that gameplay into the PU through events like JumpTown really makes better sense, just as Montoya notes. But yeah, what we have in terrestrial combat could easily rival Mechwarrior if indeed Chris decided he wanted this level of customization. Still nothing on this.

If I had to choose the one thing I want to see in game soon it would be the next generation of ship and vehicle customization with all the components, and their sub-components. Balancing and rebalancing weapons without armor seems silly to me. Likewise, altering ship flight dynamics without the ability for the player to change them, seems weak tea. Gimme some sensors I can tweak, thrusters I can replace, armor I can swap out for different effects. I want to see SC up its loadout game. instead they're changing the mag size for assault rifles. Weak tea.

Reactions: Vavrik

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
For people who have been backers for a while, there is a brewing problem that by year's end might become something CIG is under the gun to do something about.
There is nothing new under Stanton.
We're TEST. Brewing problems are within our purview.. at least at the consumption stage.

Reactions: Vavrik
Forgot your password?