"Spectral" (movie reccomendation)

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Spectral (available on netflix, maybe elsewhere too?)
A little contrived at times, but a good action sci-fi movie if you're in the mood for one!
netflix-scores-sci-fi-action-film-spectral.jpg

Not the bad guys so much, but the good guys made me think of X-COM in a movie (you'll see what I mean by the end).
Hope you enjoy!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Ive been eyeing this one for a while in my netflix list, but was in doubt due to the mediocre ratings.
I saw the weapons were kinda cool in it, Adam Savage got himself one of the light up prop guns with energy backpack and everything, over on Tested.com. Also if I remember correctly from the trailer, it was filmed where I live, so at least I'll have fun location spotting lol
Guess I'll give it a watch tonight, thanks!

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I watched it last year I think. It was alright. Not really a "surprise good movie" or an underrated one, but some of the "science" is a little far fetched...

"Since I can see them using my special camera, I can turn the beam around to make it into a flashlight so you guys can all see it too!" ehh...

"Let's scavenge all these random defective stuff and I'll build them into dozens of guns that are identical and military issue, and everyone knows how to use within a few hours!" right...

but if you can overlook those for the sake of "move conveniences" it's quite decent.

Forgot your password?