Spectrum system is up, try it out!

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
it'll never replace anything we have. Calling it now. At best, it'll be ingame chat without having to alt tab or use a second monitor. Leave the voip/chat clients to the professionals and save the money I say. No use trying to reinvent the internet when everything you need is already available in a better form than CIG could ever design themselves.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
'immersive' comms are a non-starter

I will have a hard time pretending I'm far from Earth in the 30th century when I'm talking to characters like 'NaffNaffBobFace' or 'CrudeSasquatch'

get real, people

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Me thinks Discord is still better. So far. I'd prefer that CIG used the money and man hours, especially the man hours spent on this to go towards the game right now. A social chat app should come later.

Marcel Busse

Space Marshal
Sep 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Warhawk_29
it crashed my old Internet Explorer and was very slow on this Computer, though.

but if they reach their Goals, it would be easy to Group up and start star citizen from it.

so it has its use.

privacy and Moderation is an issue.

would there be a way to start it from discord?

maybe via link, like if you wanna Group up, send the link in discord, or so , maybe?

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
I also don't think It will replace anything we have now, at least not in it's current state.
The option to do ingame things over spectrum may change this, but I bet there will be discord bot to interlink discord and spectrum

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
and
I heard they released Spectrum so they could listen in on us talk to eachother about how much of a scam it is and how much more monet we plan do dump in to it.
and I've been to the sound stage where they filmed the moon landing

Forgot your password?