Squadron 42 visual teaser... Let the discussion commence

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
What's the game of that new UEE cap ship being built? The one that's supposed to be an answer to the Kingship? Is it the one they show twice in this video, including the last shot?

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
What's the game of that new UEE cap ship being built? The one that's supposed to be an answer to the Kingship? Is it the one they show twice in this video, including the last shot?
Nope, that is the Bengal carrier that is a "noremal production" ship, the othet big thing is a mining station...
The ship you mention is the Retribution that is One-of-the-kind and... wel a bit bigger according to the ship scale I've found:

Ships scale.png

the most important thing to take from this video is the Glaive!
Not only boss there are olso a couple of 360 image of two ships that looik like a Musttang and a Cutlass "vandulized":

Mustang_Vandul.PNG

Cutlass_Vandul.PNG

This second one in particular looks like a Cutlass without the front wings and the side door, but with freaking big gun on the side...

Preatty interesting design for both...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Nope, that is the Bengal carrier that is a "noremal production" ship, the othet big thing is a mining station...
The ship you mention is the Retribution that is One-of-the-kind and... wel a bit bigger according to the ship scale I've found:

View attachment 14691

Not only boss there are olso a couple of 360 image of two ships that looik like a Musttang and a Cutlass "vandulized":

View attachment 14695

View attachment 14694

This second one in particular looks like a Cutlass without the front wings and the side door, but with freaking big gun on the side...

Preatty interesting design for both...
Those Vanduulized ships... Could they be airframes adapted to be ground vehicles/air vehicles? I remember when the Cutlass got reworked the community asked if the old models frame could be converted into a civilian bodge-tank of sorts.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Ships scale.png
Is it the same ship at 1:02 as it is at the end? Actually looks kinda like a pioneer, except the split down the middle. I don't recognize it

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
there were flames shooting out of ships and things

in space

I'm ignorant, but not so ignorant that I believe that could happen

immersion broken, bah humbug

the tech they were showing off is pretty goddamned impressive though

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Those Vanduulized ships... Could they be airframes adapted to be ground vehicles/air vehicles? I remember when the Cutlass got reworked the community asked if the old models frame could be converted into a civilian bodge-tank of sorts.
Hmm if you look at the 360° (very quick i've to say) those doen't look like ground veicle but more like converted and customized version of a Mustand and of a Cutlass.
Is like some one take those two ship and do on them a MAdMax makeup... with orange led trip all over... They are weird in some way and I can't say I don't like them....

Is it the same ship at 1:02 as it is at the end? Actually looks kinda like a pioneer, except the split down the middle. I don't recognize it
I also mistake that for a Pioneer but that is also a mining station: the bridge is not the same and it looks smaller then the Pioneer.
And no, it's not the Retribution...actually there is no in-game image of the Retribution as far as I know, but is being worked at least in concept state:

Hope to see it in game at some point....

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Well as most of the CIG game video...
I don't expect this to be an indicator of how far they are into the game developing, ship looks quite good, and Vandul model looks great, but we need the mechanics into it, and AI is not ready yet (assuming that they will use the same logic that it in SC)...

There is olso nother problem: GIC is makeing me used to this quality of "Alpha state preview"... all other game preview looks empty and poorly made... but mey be I'm just growing a grumpy old...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
@NaffNaffBobFace It was the ship shown right after the Glaive. Too bad we couldn't see the front.
Looks like it has a turret on the back? A 'Duulie Vanguard style missileboat?

My personal favourite bit of the video was 2.05, seeing the gloved hands going up to and looking out the hole in the side of the destroyed ship. There is what I assume to be a dead guy right next to the side of the hole by the way, he has no suit so exposure will have claimed him. You can't plug it up by sticking your finger in this one, Scotty!

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik
Forgot your password?