Star Citizen ATV: Spectrum and LA Studio Update

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
ATV seems to be back! The first 10 minutes "LA update" contain more interesting information than the last 3 ATV vids, imho. But see for yourself, totally worth it:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15757-Around-The-Verse

• 02:30 Damage System is be pushed forward constantly on more ships:
  • 03:00 Physics system is developed for improved "destructability"
  • 03:30 A tool for marking body zones is in development for having more automated development, saving both, time and resources
  • 04:30 Sneak peak into prototypes which are currently in development, especially looking to the item system 2.0 as well as the ship power balancing systems
  • 05:50 Ship Matrix is being updated currently. The plan is to do that on a constant, incremental basis in future.
  • 06:00 Some other sneak peak into automated dev processes - very impressive!
  • 06:30 Some information on object container streaming as well as information about the progress in the "radar and scanning" systematics/gameplay.
  • 07:45 Some infos about lighting system and the "ultimate lightswitch"
  • 08:32 A peak onto the space suits, which are currently in texturing and modelling phase (i.e. heavy armor class)

• 10:20 Words and explanation about "immersion" and how Spectrum is planned to support that; as well as background information onto the history and development of Spectrum
  • 13:46 (Jeez, I'm honestly eased that they didn't took TEST for this demo.)
  • 14:57 Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....! Shitstorm incoming!!
  • 30:12 Hurricane Preview

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I yesterday had this "live experience" in the verse: when I wrote, that I'm with TEST - jeez, I could leave the instance. Nobody liked me, it seems, and there were things written like "test squadron shit squadron" etc.
It hurts me because I really love to be here in this "ease" and fun community :(

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
LOL I was JUST watching that and I started cracking up when I saw that. Man I bet the RSI forums are already on fire. :laughing:
I am not happy. I instructed @Montoya to instruct Chris Roberts to instruct CIG staff not to feature TEST Squardon in the next ATV, we even suggested they feature XPLOR in order to try and take the heat off our corporate tax evasion strategy.

AND THEY COULDNT'T EVEN GET THAT RIGHT!!!!!!
Testtakeoveragain.JPG

Heads will roll for this mistake. Heads will roll.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm starting to think that RSI is trolling those who hate us so much. I think TEST has been mentioned in some way is the last few weeks on one show or another.
Lol...I am starting to believe the gang at RSI thinks the RSI loves TEST Squadron more than us stuff is as funny as we do.
Haha, I agree, and I love it. It's too damn often to not be intentional. And it's hilarious.

I think our relationship with CIG is growing nicely.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Honestly, no matter what happens at CIG or in the broadcasts, people will find a way to hate test. We remain well stocked and active while so many other guilds fall apart or slowly die. People are going to point at Test for everything. Some is excuse, some is transference, and some is just plain not willing to accept responsibility. No matter what the reason, we are the easy target. It doesn't matter though because people are joining all the time. We just get stronger and more entertaining. Why? Because we start out as the star citizen waiting room, but end up proving ourselves as a strong and entertaining org.

Now as release comes closer, this is only going to get worse. We will start coming together as an org more often. Our shenanigans will be known by every pilot in the verse. More to the point, we will prove their worst fears. We will be unstoppable. I know the joke is "our auroras will blot out the sun", but we don't just fly auroras. How many Idrises (Idrisi? Idris'?) do we have in the org? How many org sized fleets are owned by a single individual? How many members are there? We could literally block the sun... (assuming an average ship size per player of a freelancer (averaged between javelin and aurora) and assuming 90 square meter "rough guess" footprint of said freelancer, multiplied by 10,000 members = ~3.23 square miles of coverage which, if positioned properly, could, in theory, block the sun)

As we transition into the full release version of this game though, we will be large enough to direct the flow of the game. A full mobilization could shut that shit down, no exceptions (whatever "that shit" may be). That's got to be a scary proposition for any org. So, long story short, we will catch quite a bit of heat over the next few years. However, we are and will be large enough that we don't need to care.

That's not even taking into account the fact that we are the best squadron in addition to all of that.

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
I agree, but remember the large guilds and corps in games like WoW and Eve. Too big to fail generally leads to a focused effort to make us fail. We should absolutely welcome new people all the time. Just remember that everyone is a liar and trust no one. :smile:

Forgot your password?