Star Citizen centrism is a lie!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Now I have watched the video I have been presented with a great many concepts and questions.

As I watched it with the sound off and captions on, my first question is: Why are all the "Refund Ian's" called Ian?

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
are we being scammed? no

are we being manipulated? yes

Chris Roberts isn't taking our money and running off to somewhere without an extradition treaty

however, we have been sold on paying for something we will never own

the value of the intellectual property CIG is developing is far greater than the value of all our virtual spaceships put together

which is fine, more power to 'em, as long as we get entertainment value from playing the game

this (lengthy) article talks about the potential of 'the Metaverse,' which (not coincidentally IMO) sounds a lot like the PU

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
I care about what you say!
Hey you hit the nail on the head on pretty much everything, I'd agree with 99% of it. But, I think I might still stand by saying that there are people out there who do, used to, or have at some point even just once, guaranteed that Star Citizen will be finished simply because Chris Roberts is involved. And technically anyone who saw the kickstarter and backed without any more consideration than saying, "Wing Commander changed my life and CR made that so Star Citizen will do it too" could fit into that group to a lesser degree. You proved that with the guy who's investment was kicked by CIG. He worshipped the ground CR walked on and was 100% sure that Star Citizen would be perfect without any logical reason. Just because he changed his views doesn't mean that his CR worship didn't happen.

I will absolutely succeed the point that I should have clarified that if there are people (still) out there who have that belief that they are .01% or less of the backers. I mean .01% of 1.5 million is only 150 people.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Hey you hit the nail on the head on pretty much everything, I'd agree with 99% of it. But, I think I might still stand by saying that there are people out there who do, used to, or have at some point even just once, guaranteed that Star Citizen will be finished simply because Chris Roberts is involved. And technically anyone who saw the kickstarter and backed without any more consideration than saying, "Wing Commander changed my life and CR made that so Star Citizen will do it too" could fit into that group to a lesser degree. You proved that with the guy who's investment was kicked by CIG. He worshipped the ground CR walked on and was 100% sure that Star Citizen would be perfect without any logical reason. Just because he changed his views doesn't mean that his CR worship didn't happen.

I will absolutely succeed the point that I should have clarified that if there are people (still) out there who have that belief that they are .01% or less of the backers. I mean .01% of 1.5 million is only 150 people.
Joe!

I agree with you, there may well be 150 full on crazies, and they are all on Spectrum apparently.

The point is that you cant let the haters set the narrative. Supporting Star Citizen is the default position, not the white knight position. White knight would be saying CR has never done anything wrong.

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
Joe!

I agree with you, there may well be 150 full on crazies, and they are all on Spectrum apparently.

The point is that you cant let the haters set the narrative. Supporting Star Citizen is the default position, not the white knight position. White knight would be saying CR has never done anything wrong.
God I WISH we could say that CR has never done anything wrong lol. We'll get there.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
...there may well be 150 full on crazies, and they are all on Spectrum apparently.

The point is that you cant let the haters set the narrative.
Apologies in advance to Coolio, I take your genius and rework it to make a minor point that means nothing in comparison to your original message:

Set to Verse 3 of Gangsters Paradise:

Whales and the money, moan-ie and the wails
Plege after pledge, Concepts after sales
everybody's pledgin', but most of them ain't looking
what's going on in the terms, but I don't know what's kickin'
they say I gotta refund, everyones's here to teach me
but if they can't undersstand it, how can they gonna reach me
I guess they can't, I guess they won't
I guess they front, that's why I know my hangars is out of reach, fool

been spending most their lives, living in the Spectrum paradise
been spending most their lives, living in the Spectrum paradise
keep spending most our lives, living in the Spectrum paradise
keep spending most our lives, living in the Spectrum paradise

Tell me why are we, so blind to see
That the one's refundians hurt, are you and me
Tell me why are we, so blind to see
That the one's refundians hurt, are you and me

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm some time I got the feeling that if the supposed "jurnalist" spend some time to actual investigate what they are going to talk about those "refounders" group will simply vanish like mist in the sun since as much as they yell, there will be nobody to listem to them..

Most of the time the simple reason some silly idea is spreading out is becouse people talk about it...
If someone keep talk about stupid thing ar act like an idiot the best, my personal opinion, is not to put them on the fist page of the newspaper, is just to ignore them and don't give them credid.

As I try to repeat my self every time: you can talk with people that have a different idea do to a different point of view, but you can't talk with as stupid that won't listen and don't try to have a different viewpoint (event if they could not like it or agree with it).

Extremism is ALWAYS a bad thing, regardless of what is that about.

Forgot your password?