Star Citizen on Lumberyard - 1000 players per instance?

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Nice vid. I was one of the complainers at the start. It wasn't the tech, I was ignorant on why, and if it signaled a deeper problem. I've since chilled. 1000 players though!?! Hopefully, lol

Anyway, game runs well. Like you said, it's really quick launching into games now. Noticing more rubber banding recently in SM, but still lots of fun.

Trick Shot Bob

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Trick_Shot_Bob
Lets be cautious and not hop on the hype train here, the move to AWS will mean an increased number of players in each instance /shard. It will also allow better latency for our Nightshift members due to AUS hosted servers.

However we're dealing will new technology with limited in house testing in place, I'm concerned that if we start quoting 1000 players per instance this may become a future source of Drama if CIG are unable to implement this in a the final build.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I'll be happy for 3.x if they can get 100 players per instance.
Now if they can get 1000, that would be awesome.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
but seriously, folks...

If we can have epic space battles with large numbers of fully manned capital ships and their supporting fleets, this game will live forever

If not, at least CR will have gotten us to fund a complete movie/VR platform that will revolutionize the way our entertainment is produced. CIG has built way more than just a game engine, in case you hadn't noticed.

Forgot your password?