Star Citizen VOIP

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
So my VOIP isn't working and I'm sure a lot of other guys are having the same issues. I suspect it's the wrong device being selected by the game with no way to change it.

Any of you have a guide to getting VOIP working in v3.5?

Reactions: Blind Owl

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
So my VOIP isn't working and I'm sure a lot of other guys are having the same issues. I suspect it's the wrong device being selected by the game with no way to change it.

I haven't played in 3.5 yet, but my problem in 3.4 was usually that *Windows* was defaulting to the wrong device...it wasn't the game that had the problem. Have you double-checked your Windows settings?

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
I will be fooling around with it tonight after work. My windows devices should be set up to use Voicemeeter as default which are the ones I want to use.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus

As far as getting SC to use the right devices:

Make sure SC is up and running, then ALT+TAB to desktop
Right click speaker icon in bottom right hand corner of desktop
Open Sound Settings
Towards the bottom, select Advanced Sound Options
Find SC app and select appropriate Output and Input devices you wish to use

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
As far as getting SC to use the right devices:

Make sure SC is up and running, then ALT+TAB to desktop
Right click speaker icon in bottom right hand corner of desktop
Open Sound Settings
Towards the bottom, select Advanced Sound Options
Find SC app and select appropriate Output and Input devices you wish to use
It's so simple and elegant! I'll test this as soon as I get home. I'll need a guinea pig though...

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
Tried changing devices and all sorts of stuff tonight but nothing worked. Doing a complete reinstall overnight, probably try again Thursday time permitting.

😢

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thanks for bringing this up, I'd missed VOIP being activated in SC... perhaps it's a work in progress and has been deactivated for this patch as they haven't gone out of their way to fanfare that it's up and working like they did for FOIP?

Unless they did when they released FOIP and it overshadowed it?

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
Thanks for bringing this up, I'd missed VOIP being activated in SC... perhaps it's a work in progress and has been deactivated for this patch as they haven't gone out of their way to fanfare that it's up and working like they did for FOIP?

Unless they did when they released FOIP and it overshadowed it?
It's activated, just doesn't work for me. Confirmed other TESTies were able to talk about balls in game but I heard nothing.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
It's activated, just doesn't work for me. Confirmed other TESTies were able to talk about balls in game but I heard nothing.
Did you go into your mobiglass and select your party and then click the unmute and undeafen buttons at the top?

Reactions: Radegast74

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
Did you go into your mobiglass and select your party and then click the unmute and undeafen buttons at the top?
I did that about 10 different ways, checked settings menu thoroughly, changed PTT buttons multiple times, changed windows device settings, disabled unused audio devices, reset my computer a few times, different SC servers, asked in concierge, enabled/disabled FOIP, calibrated FOIP, etc.

Reactions: Printimus

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I did that about 10 different ways, checked settings menu thoroughly, changed PTT buttons multiple times, changed windows device settings, disabled unused audio devices, reset my computer a few times, different SC servers, asked in concierge, enabled/disabled FOIP, calibrated FOIP, etc.
Sounds like you covered all the bases. I hope its a problem on their end.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Wait. Wait, wait, wait...have you tried hitting your computer?

Reactions: Jangmo

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Stupid question - have you tried your headset on another Voip application to make sure its working? I have a mute button on my headset wire that occasionally gets knocked. And if so have you make sure all of those are off before trying in SC?

Forgot your password?