Star Marine and 2.6

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Yes, 40+ Landing Places. Not 40+ Planets or Cities.
These will consist of Cities, Space Stations, Repair stations, etc.

By the end of 2016, CR said that the Stanton system would be complete with all 4 planets with at least 1 city on each and space stations in orbit.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'm hoping to git gud at fps and engineering cause I'm rubbish at flying! This will help training immensely!
Have you had anyone diagnose your flying? Remote piloting is more an intellectual act than anything else, and if you are getting cut up by the pirates or Vanduul hordes, odds are there is something wrong that is quit fixable. Even if you're flying into astroids, that can be fixed. Could be you haven't thought through what you're doing or could be you are using a HOTAS when you should be using a gaming controller. This is the place to work that stuff out. I'm sure there are people here who can help you.

I was talking to a friend the other day who flew for just 2 days during the free to fly thang and is now hooked and going to buy a gaming machine (he had been thieving his daughter's) and he was getting cut up pretty badly until I forwarded him some observations in this forum about flying the Mustang. He hadn't realized it has relatively no armor, and was sitting static far too often. Now he knows to keep evading and I'm sure he'll be fine. He'll also become a far better pilot by flying like that, so that when he gets a Sabre he'll be very hard to kill.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Have you had anyone diagnose your flying? Remote piloting is more an intellectual act than anything else, and if you are getting cut up by the pirates or Vanduul hordes, odds are there is something wrong that is quit fixable. Even if you're flying into astroids, that can be fixed. Could be you haven't thought through what you're doing or could be you are using a HOTAS when you should be using a gaming controller. This is the place to work that stuff out. I'm sure there are people here who can help you.

I was talking to a friend the other day who flew for just 2 days during the free to fly thang and is now hooked and going to buy a gaming machine (he had been thieving his daughter's) and he was getting cut up pretty badly until I forwarded him some observations in this forum about flying the Mustang. He hadn't realized it has relatively no armor, and was sitting static far too often. Now he knows to keep evading and I'm sure he'll be fine. He'll also become a far better pilot by flying like that, so that when he gets a Sabre he'll be very hard to kill.
I might do some VS or dogfighting and record myself to upload. I tend to fly with blinders when it comes to taking down my target.

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
I'm hoping to git gud at fps and engineering cause I'm rubbish at flying! This will help training immensely!
I've always been a nut for FPS games and will probably be more of a soldier/engineer than a pilot. I tend to prefer the non-combat flying roles, but don't mind getting dirty in FPS.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I've always been a nut for FPS games and will probably be more of a soldier/engineer than a pilot. I tend to prefer the non-combat flying roles, but don't mind getting dirty in FPS.
Be sure to post in the privateering thread. We need cannon fodder. . .I mean meat shields. . .I mean comrades at arms, willing to risk life, health and the family jewels for the sake of fortune and glory! er some such. . .

Forgot your password?