Star Wars Revisited

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Rather than a "random spam" this is more of a "random rambling" regarding Star Wars.

So, I just recently finished watching the Clone Wars animated series, and felt like re-watching the Star Wars movies again.

testing
ok I guess the tags don't work, so I'll avoid Clone Wars spoilers... I presume you have ALL watched the 6 movies already, so I'll be spilling every plot detail in there that I need to.

Anyways, I just finished watching the movies Episodes I and II, then III and IV yesterday.

To be honest, it's been quite a long time since I watched them, and back then, I wasn't as aware of all that's been said or the little things they've done.

Starting with Episode I: GOSH the movie was... HORRIBLE. More so now. Then again, the first time I watched it, (not in theaters... but at home, on DVD that a relative brought over) I seriously fell asleep halfway throughout the movie, and was confused at the end, of who is who, what is going on, and why there's even fighting. The whole movie is one big clusterfuck of things happening that I don't even know why they happen. Re-watching it again, I wanted to know about Darth Maul's origins, how he came to be, and how much more involved he is with the whole plot. The Clone Wars somewhat tips you in one specific direction with the Savage Oppress arc. The separatist plot didn't make much sense neither, but then again, but looking at it from the bigger trilogy picture, yeah, I guess it was Palpatine's way of getting to be a Chancellor. Qui-Gon was... odd. So he's a Jedi Knight, but not yet a Master of the Council? (I'm sorry, I haven't read much outside the cinematic universe, the Clone Wars 3D and 2D cartoons, and the Old Republic era games, ie KotOR, KotORII & SWTOR, and Force Unleashed I & II, but I don't consider them, as full canon... some details aren't exactly consistent) Anakin was a Jedi Jesus? I agree the whole Midichlorians explanation was entirely unnecessary. Pod Racing was cool, Anakin's Yeppeee! were super useless and annoying. I agree with that 2 hour rant regarding Episode I on YouTube. This. Movie. Sucked. oh also... I watched the unaltered original version, so Yoda was still an ugly doll, and that was awkward... this is one thing of the "remastered" Blu-Ray edition that I agree was good to have changed.

On with Episode II: Hayden Christensen. Such. Horrible. Actor. Worst. Decision. Ever! ... now with THAT out of the way, the action was more interesting, made a bit more sense, but the plot still didn't get that much better, and a lot of confusion and WHY!?!?: why would they do this? why did this happen? why is that even possible!? etc. Jango Fett's motivation behind Padmé's attempted assassinations is unclear. Has he been under order of Darth Sidious so the Jedi could lead the trail back to Kamino and the Clone Army? (again, I'm sorry, as I don't know the EU in much detail) How much was Dooku in the know of the whole plot? He definitely needed a massive separatist army so the Republic would be forced to mobilize the Clones. About Anakin and Padmé, I don't know. Their romance felt so forced. Maybe because it was the awkward stalker-stares of Anakin or his childish complaints or simply because he's Hayden Christensen, but it just felt... wrong. Also, this is the first time we see R2-D2 with his rocket boosters! AWESOME but WTF HAPPENED TO IT?! more on that later... We get to see the origin of Luke's uncle and aunt on Tatooine. How many lightsabers did Anakin have/lost?! However, I think he's kept the same one throughout Clone Wars and Episode III, then handed down to Luke, which, of course, was lost, in Episode V... should have known. Also, battle of Geonosis was the start of the Clone Wars I guess? as well, I've noticed mention of the "Commando units". Republic Commando game? There were a few more things I wanted to say about it, but it's so overwhelming and confusing that it's all a jumbled mess, so I'll leave it at that.

Clone Wars Animated Series: there are 2 parts to this. The shorter, 2 hour and something in total 2D version, which starts pretty much right after Episode II, and jumps ahead to pretty much RIGHT before Episode III. Shows the introduction and horror that is General Grievous, and the superman-like abilities of Mace Windu, as well as some important developments of Anakin. It was really awesome and fun, but felt less "serious" but more canonical than the 3D series.
The 3D Clone Wars with 6 seasons was, surprisingly GOOD! The format was kind of strange at first. It doesn't go chronologically, and you're scratching your head sometimes as to why a dead character is still there much later in the series only to realize in season 1, you see things happening in season 3-4-5, while you revisit the origin stories of some of the troopers with more personalities, etc. Overall, it was a REALLY good series with a LOT of development of MANY side characters that has some small cameos in the movies and you go *squeee!* Although I still wonder what happened to some important Clone Wars characters that aren't mentioned in the movies at all. One of which, Ahsoka, that I haven't liked as much in the earlier seasons, but eventually managed to like her a lot, to the point that when she left the show, it was very sad. (sorry for the bit of spoiler, that she leaves, but that is a given... how she's not in Episode III) Anakin is VERY likable in the show. I think it shows just HOW MUCH Hayden Christensen SUCKS, and it's not the character of Anakin that I dislike. Hondo Ohnaka was one of my favourites, as well as Asajj Ventress, whom I've really grown to like as a character. Very well developed! The specific troopers like Rex, Fives, etc each have their own unique personalities that made them very likable as well, and I felt much more hurt at the execution of Order 66 by Cody because of it =( There were also a LOT of development in the grand scheme and plot by Darth Sidious, surprising return of a few Episode I and II characters, introduction and death of many other important characters to the plot, made the series all the more interesting! There's also some important introductions and cameos of Episode IV, V, VI characters which were always fun. Overall, I'm very impressed with the Clone Wars series. Season 6, that was introduced on Netflix allowed many more explanation and details to the things happening later, as well as the "premonition" of what to come (that we all already know...).

Then, comes Episode III. Hayden Christensen. SERIOUSLY. THE. Worst. Actor. Ever! Also WHO wrote the stupid cheesy lines in this movie!? especially for Padmé and Anakin! (Obi-Wan was awesome, as always) Also, after watching Clone Wars, some of the details/lines/explanations in Episode III didn't make much sense, but I'll need to re-watch the series to confirm. For example, when Anakin fights Dooku in the opening arc, he says "My power has doubled since the last time we've met!" does he mean "last time we've met" as back on Geonosis!? (for the movie watchers) or if you've watched the Clone Wars, you realize they've fought multiple times throughout. Including a few days before the end of the series... how long has that been? General Grievous seems like he's never seen Anakin and vice versa. really? I don't exactly remember, but did they never meet during the ENTIRE Clone Wars series!? I'm too lazy to check right now though. Maybe it's just me and that wasn't a plot inconsistency. Then again, Grievous explaining how he has received "Jedi training" from Count Dooku was kind of unnecessary if you've watched Clone Wars. It definitely isn't the first time Obi-Wan meets Grievous, THAT's for sure. The whole plot about Anakin turning to the Dark Side felt rushed/forced and didn't make much sense. I'm pretty sure if it were to be re-written by the Clone Wars writers, they would've done a much better job I think. There's probably the whole thing about Hayden not convincing me enough of his "mistrust" for the Council (felt just like a childish rebellious tantrum). Really, I hate that actor SO MUCH! It just felt SO out of character after the Clone Wars Anakin. One little nod to the Season 6 of Clone Wars was nice, when Yoda mentioned that Obi-Wan needs to continue his training during his solitude on Tatooine, to learn the "force immortality" and how to communicate with his old master Qui-Gon. I still wonder (jumping ahead) though, how did Anakin, or Darth Vader learn that ability!? I'm pretty sure Darth Sidious doesn't know. It really implies materializing as a Force Apparition after death isn't a skill any Jedi or Sith can learn. It's a very hard process that you have to go through a long and arduous trials and training to achieve, that only the best of the Masters like Yoda or Obi-Wan can obtain. R2-D2 is still awesome, and then there's THIS: http://imgur.com/a/CMdFv

well, I think I need to get back to work, so I'll leave it at that.
Thanks for reading my pointless ramblings if you have.

I may write up about Episodes IV, V and VI when I finish them again, later.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
I found the Clone Wars Animated Series very refreshing, the reinterpreted intro ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5chHfK6sCc ) , the plot and the characters. Even the space battles feel like you are in a real star wars movie, very good job they did there.

And yes, whenever i want to watch Episode 2 - 3 again, i think of Hayden Christensen and how he ruins the whole movie with his stare:

Vapsyvox

Designated Driver
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
Vapsyvox
Rather than a "random spam" this is more of a "random rambling" regarding Star Wars.

So, I just recently finished watching the Clone Wars animated series, and felt like re-watching the Star Wars movies again.

testing
ok I guess the tags don't work, so I'll avoid Clone Wars spoilers... I presume you have ALL watched the 6 movies already, so I'll be spilling every plot detail in there that I need to.

Anyways, I just finished watching the movies Episodes I and II, then III and IV yesterday.

To be honest, it's been quite a long time since I watched them, and back then, I wasn't as aware of all that's been said or the little things they've done.

Starting with Episode I: GOSH the movie was... HORRIBLE. More so now. Then again, the first time I watched it, (not in theaters... but at home, on DVD that a relative brought over) I seriously fell asleep halfway throughout the movie, and was confused at the end, of who is who, what is going on, and why there's even fighting. The whole movie is one big clusterfuck of things happening that I don't even know why they happen. Re-watching it again, I wanted to know about Darth Maul's origins, how he came to be, and how much more involved he is with the whole plot. The Clone Wars somewhat tips you in one specific direction with the Savage Oppress arc. The separatist plot didn't make much sense neither, but then again, but looking at it from the bigger trilogy picture, yeah, I guess it was Palpatine's way of getting to be a Chancellor. Qui-Gon was... odd. So he's a Jedi Knight, but not yet a Master of the Council? (I'm sorry, I haven't read much outside the cinematic universe, the Clone Wars 3D and 2D cartoons, and the Old Republic era games, ie KotOR, KotORII & SWTOR, and Force Unleashed I & II, but I don't consider them, as full canon... some details aren't exactly consistent) Anakin was a Jedi Jesus? I agree the whole Midichlorians explanation was entirely unnecessary. Pod Racing was cool, Anakin's Yeppeee! were super useless and annoying. I agree with that 2 hour rant regarding Episode I on YouTube. This. Movie. Sucked. oh also... I watched the unaltered original version, so Yoda was still an ugly doll, and that was awkward... this is one thing of the "remastered" Blu-Ray edition that I agree was good to have changed.

On with Episode II: Hayden Christensen. Such. Horrible. Actor. Worst. Decision. Ever! ... now with THAT out of the way, the action was more interesting, made a bit more sense, but the plot still didn't get that much better, and a lot of confusion and WHY!?!?: why would they do this? why did this happen? why is that even possible!? etc. Jango Fett's motivation behind Padmé's attempted assassinations is unclear. Has he been under order of Darth Sidious so the Jedi could lead the trail back to Kamino and the Clone Army? (again, I'm sorry, as I don't know the EU in much detail) How much was Dooku in the know of the whole plot? He definitely needed a massive separatist army so the Republic would be forced to mobilize the Clones. About Anakin and Padmé, I don't know. Their romance felt so forced. Maybe because it was the awkward stalker-stares of Anakin or his childish complaints or simply because he's Hayden Christensen, but it just felt... wrong. Also, this is the first time we see R2-D2 with his rocket boosters! AWESOME but WTF HAPPENED TO IT?! more on that later... We get to see the origin of Luke's uncle and aunt on Tatooine. How many lightsabers did Anakin have/lost?! However, I think he's kept the same one throughout Clone Wars and Episode III, then handed down to Luke, which, of course, was lost, in Episode V... should have known. Also, battle of Geonosis was the start of the Clone Wars I guess? as well, I've noticed mention of the "Commando units". Republic Commando game? There were a few more things I wanted to say about it, but it's so overwhelming and confusing that it's all a jumbled mess, so I'll leave it at that.

Clone Wars Animated Series: there are 2 parts to this. The shorter, 2 hour and something in total 2D version, which starts pretty much right after Episode II, and jumps ahead to pretty much RIGHT before Episode III. Shows the introduction and horror that is General Grievous, and the superman-like abilities of Mace Windu, as well as some important developments of Anakin. It was really awesome and fun, but felt less "serious" but more canonical than the 3D series.
The 3D Clone Wars with 6 seasons was, surprisingly GOOD! The format was kind of strange at first. It doesn't go chronologically, and you're scratching your head sometimes as to why a dead character is still there much later in the series only to realize in season 1, you see things happening in season 3-4-5, while you revisit the origin stories of some of the troopers with more personalities, etc. Overall, it was a REALLY good series with a LOT of development of MANY side characters that has some small cameos in the movies and you go *squeee!* Although I still wonder what happened to some important Clone Wars characters that aren't mentioned in the movies at all. One of which, Ahsoka, that I haven't liked as much in the earlier seasons, but eventually managed to like her a lot, to the point that when she left the show, it was very sad. (sorry for the bit of spoiler, that she leaves, but that is a given... how she's not in Episode III) Anakin is VERY likable in the show. I think it shows just HOW MUCH Hayden Christensen SUCKS, and it's not the character of Anakin that I dislike. Hondo Ohnaka was one of my favourites, as well as Asajj Ventress, whom I've really grown to like as a character. Very well developed! The specific troopers like Rex, Fives, etc each have their own unique personalities that made them very likable as well, and I felt much more hurt at the execution of Order 66 by Cody because of it =( There were also a LOT of development in the grand scheme and plot by Darth Sidious, surprising return of a few Episode I and II characters, introduction and death of many other important characters to the plot, made the series all the more interesting! There's also some important introductions and cameos of Episode IV, V, VI characters which were always fun. Overall, I'm very impressed with the Clone Wars series. Season 6, that was introduced on Netflix allowed many more explanation and details to the things happening later, as well as the "premonition" of what to come (that we all already know...).

Then, comes Episode III. Hayden Christensen. SERIOUSLY. THE. Worst. Actor. Ever! Also WHO wrote the stupid cheesy lines in this movie!? especially for Padmé and Anakin! (Obi-Wan was awesome, as always) Also, after watching Clone Wars, some of the details/lines/explanations in Episode III didn't make much sense, but I'll need to re-watch the series to confirm. For example, when Anakin fights Dooku in the opening arc, he says "My power has doubled since the last time we've met!" does he mean "last time we've met" as back on Geonosis!? (for the movie watchers) or if you've watched the Clone Wars, you realize they've fought multiple times throughout. Including a few days before the end of the series... how long has that been? General Grievous seems like he's never seen Anakin and vice versa. really? I don't exactly remember, but did they never meet during the ENTIRE Clone Wars series!? I'm too lazy to check right now though. Maybe it's just me and that wasn't a plot inconsistency. Then again, Grievous explaining how he has received "Jedi training" from Count Dooku was kind of unnecessary if you've watched Clone Wars. It definitely isn't the first time Obi-Wan meets Grievous, THAT's for sure. The whole plot about Anakin turning to the Dark Side felt rushed/forced and didn't make much sense. I'm pretty sure if it were to be re-written by the Clone Wars writers, they would've done a much better job I think. There's probably the whole thing about Hayden not convincing me enough of his "mistrust" for the Council (felt just like a childish rebellious tantrum). Really, I hate that actor SO MUCH! It just felt SO out of character after the Clone Wars Anakin. One little nod to the Season 6 of Clone Wars was nice, when Yoda mentioned that Obi-Wan needs to continue his training during his solitude on Tatooine, to learn the "force immortality" and how to communicate with his old master Qui-Gon. I still wonder (jumping ahead) though, how did Anakin, or Darth Vader learn that ability!? I'm pretty sure Darth Sidious doesn't know. It really implies materializing as a Force Apparition after death isn't a skill any Jedi or Sith can learn. It's a very hard process that you have to go through a long and arduous trials and training to achieve, that only the best of the Masters like Yoda or Obi-Wan can obtain. R2-D2 is still awesome, and then there's THIS: http://imgur.com/a/CMdFv

well, I think I need to get back to work, so I'll leave it at that.
Thanks for reading my pointless ramblings if you have.

I may write up about Episodes IV, V and VI when I finish them again, later.
You don't like Hayden? I bet you're a sandlover too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkgYnNc-Fp8

Forgot your password?