State of the Squadron Propsal

GameFleek

Seung's Bestie Testie
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
GameFleek
Ahoy and greetings all. After noticing the concern levels at high alert again for SOTS 12, I took sometime to reflect on what can be done to bring happiness to all the little boys and girls of TEST. I would like to propose a SOTS volunteer army of members with cameras to help out out Glorious leader. Taking care of two Testies is enough, but 7000 plus, is more than one man should handle alone.

So I'm calling you out. If you Stream for TEST, for only 5 minutes of content each, you too can help Montoya and the SOTS. @CaptainRichard , @BadNewsBaron (As Johnny Deep), @Arrangingstars , @Myre , ProgrammerSamn, @SkyyHawk , @RussianJ , @ANARCKOS , @Shive and all others. Together we can make a difference!

If you agree, please write your Senators or someone else in charge (I don't know who that would be) and let them know you want to help. Ask not what TEST Squadron can do for you, but what you can do for the BEST SQUARDON!

I am Agent021 and I approve this message. Montoya don't kill me please. This message is my personal view only and is not sponsored by TEST SQUADRON or Vintage Brand Seltzer water.

Last edited:

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
What about all the people that don't watch Twitch? I rarely find myself watching it. I've probably seen less than 10 hours this entire year with most of those hours being on Montoya's stream when he was still getting it set up.

The SoTS videos are nice because we can watch them when we've got time to do so.

Perhaps a better idea than using Twitch (or any largely unscheduled or spontaneous platform) would be to have those that want to volunteer to make a special section of the SoTS videos more like an actual news broadcast.

I work for a business news magazine (print not digital) and in almost every issue we have underwriters that have a specific focus with certain aspects of the business world and that's what they do every month. Granted, a magazine is on a strict schedule whereas we're just a bunch of drunks making things as we have time for a game that's only just starting to really come together.

With that in mind, content done for SoTS would have to be either somewhat generalized, in that its not too timely so as to not be out of date when the SoTS is actually published, or the content would be scheduled out ahead of time using something akin to an editorial calendar. A calendar requires a lot of planning, teamwork, and dedication to pull off consistently though. Something that would probably prove to be too much for people with lives outside of TEST.

I'm willing to dive in and help as best as I can, but I'm not one to generate video content. I don't stream or anything like that so my contributions to video stuff will always be in the background, but I'm more than willing to pitch in where I'm able.

Reactions: GameFleek

GameFleek

Seung's Bestie Testie
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
GameFleek

So, awesome replies from everyone! My hope is not just for twitch streamers to get involved. I just know that twitch streamers have access to a camera and love to talk. I hope anyone that can and loves TEST, and has the ability to do so, can contribute to TEST as a whole. So if you have a video or phone camera and want to be part of SOTS, contact Montoya! (Sorry in advance for the PMs Montoya. I love you) . Now's the time to get involved and make a difference. You all want it. Lets make it together!

Last edited:

GameFleek

Seung's Bestie Testie
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
GameFleek
What about all the people that don't watch Twitch? I rarely find myself watching it. I've probably seen less than 10 hours this entire year with most of those hours being on Montoya's stream when he was still getting it set up.

The SoTS videos are nice because we can watch them when we've got time to do so.

Perhaps a better idea than using Twitch (or any largely unscheduled or spontaneous platform) would be to have those that want to volunteer to make a special section of the SoTS videos more like an actual news broadcast.

I work for a business news magazine (print not digital) and in almost every issue we have underwriters that have a specific focus with certain aspects of the business world and that's what they do every month. Granted, a magazine is on a strict schedule whereas we're just a bunch of drunks making things as we have time for a game that's only just starting to really come together.

With that in mind, content done for SoTS would have to be either somewhat generalized, in that its not too timely so as to not be out of date when the SoTS is actually published, or the content would be scheduled out ahead of time using something akin to an editorial calendar. A calendar requires a lot of planning, teamwork, and dedication to pull off consistently though. Something that would probably prove to be too much for people with lives outside of TEST.

I'm willing to dive in and help as best as I can, but I'm not one to generate video content. I don't stream or anything like that so my contributions to video stuff will always be in the background, but I'm more than willing to pitch in where I'm able.
Also, you maybe interested in this thread https://testsquadron.com/threads/introducing-testgaming-net.4540/#post-56076

Forgot your password?