STEEP!

Capt_Baldi

Grand Admiral
May 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt_Baldi
How many of you are playing this lovely game?!

I'm 11 hours in and I can't get enough.
I just REALLY want a "hide ui" toggle option during gameplay, that would be amazing..

Anywho, let me know if you're up for some Steep fun some day!

I've attached a couple of screenshots just for the fun of it!

1_1.jpg

3_1.jpg

4_1.jpg

Cheers!

Aleph0Null

Grand Admiral
Apr 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Aleph0Null
Guessing you really like skiing in real life, because I can't find anything interesting in skiing down a random mountain, over and over again.

Capt_Baldi

Grand Admiral
May 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt_Baldi
Guessing you really like skiing in real life, because I can't find anything interesting in skiing down a random mountain, over and over again.
I don't really. :smile:
I just like the whole "Back to basics" concept, like the first time you started up your Playstation 1 and started having fun, instead of overcomplicating things with quests, storylines, narratives etc.
Childhood gaming memories being relived here with modern day graphics and systems. :smile:

Capt_Baldi

Grand Admiral
May 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt_Baldi
There's even a nice looking test outfit for the crash events. :D

Are there really noone out there playing Steep?
I would love to get someone on my list to do random stuff with. :D

test.jpg

Reactions: Seagon

Seagon

Captain
Nov 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Seagon
@TheUnknownDane

When you get a Tobii eye tracker working you can use the CleanUI feature where the screen elements only come into view when you look at them.

I am definitely planning on getting this game :smile:

Reactions: Capt_Baldi

Capt_Baldi

Grand Admiral
May 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt_Baldi
@TheUnknownDane

When you get a Tobii eye tracker working you can use the CleanUI feature where the screen elements only come into view when you look at them.

I am definitely planning on getting this game :smile:
Whaat, I have to look into that. :D
Feel free to add me on Uplay if you want. :)

Username: DaneUnknown

Reactions: Seagon

Seagon

Captain
Nov 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Seagon
Whaat, I have to look into that. :smile:
Feel free to add me on Uplay if you want. :slight_smile:

Username: DaneUnknown
Cool, i will get to that when i get home :slight_smile: (invited)
Need to toy around some more with the new 4c tracker i got last monday :smile:

Last edited:

Capt_Baldi

Grand Admiral
May 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt_Baldi
Cool, i will get to that when i get home :slight_smile: (invited)
Need to toy around some more with the new 4c tracker i got last monday :smile:
Nice! I've used FacetrackNoIR alot with the TrackIR clip on headset, but I haven't used an actual eye tracker!
What can you use it for, other than supported games and applications?

Seagon

Captain
Nov 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Seagon
What can you use it for, other than supported games and applications?
Well, it has a wide variaty of applications, Tobii made these 2 trackers (EyeX, a.k.a. Sentry and the new 4c) as a gaming or even consumer level peripheral while their other departments actually help people that lack motor skills to use these for a variaty of applications to replace hand control by eye control.

The consumer level trackers however have their native ingame application that are listed on their site. Some include: aim at gaze, cleanUI, infinite or extended screen, etc.
It also integrates with Windows 10 "Hello" where it can detect your face and log you in through face recognition using the IR camera.
It also has mouse warping, where you look to where you want the mouse to go, you move the mouse and the cursor jumps to your gaze.
When task switching you can highlight the screen you want to switch to and activate it by just looking at it and releasing the alt key.
Same for some menu items in windows to that you can highlight and use spacebar or enter to "click" them.

I think the full feature list should be on the Tobii website :)

So, it's not just for gaming, but also for a different way to control your computer in a way.

If you program a bit you can also use FreePIE to map custom controls to the movement of your eyes like setting it up as joystick or POV hat or whatever you want.

Reactions: Capt_Baldi
Forgot your password?