marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
@marcsand2, how do you like the Defender for flying and combat? Recommend it or what?
If the 2 wing guns also are able to hit, the defender would be a perfect boom and zoom fighter, not so good at dogfight. I tried it in VS, first attempt was wave 8. I also tried the Delta in VS... it was a walk in the park, 15 minutes later and 1 Delta down victory!!!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
If the 2 wing guns also are able to hit, the defender would be a perfect boom and zoom fighter, not so good at dogfight. I tried it in VS, first attempt was wave 8. I also tried the Delta in VS... it was a walk in the park, 15 minutes later and 1 Delta down victory!!!
Ok. Interesting. I'm highly intrigued, but honestly, I haven't flown in so long I have no idea what my style will be, haha. I have the Harby/Sentinel, but I feel like I'd like a fighter....but I have no idea what fighter that is. If I can master the beast that is the Vanguard, she'll do. I think I need to learn to fly de-coupled.

Reactions: Stevetank

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Ok. Interesting. I'm highly intrigued, but honestly, I haven't flown in so long I have no idea what my style will be, haha. I have the Harby/Sentinel, but I feel like I'd like a fighter....but I have no idea what fighter that is. If I can master the beast that is the Vanguard, she'll do. I think I need to learn to fly de-coupled.
a pure fighter would be the Hornet, Sabre or Gladius, no compromises, just fight

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
mm, im tempted on the yellow dragonfly.

if you're still offering during the anny sale then i will take you up on that

regardless of that, always nice to see one of these threads 😃

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Egad. Haha. So what would compliment the Vanguard best? I was really hoping you'd say Defender, but I guess I can play with some other toys.
I tried the Defender in VS. I reached wave 8 after a long fight. The Vanduul are more agile then the Defender. I did the same with the Delta, it is a light drifter, I completed VS in 15 minutes.
The Vanguard is a multi purpose tank.
The Hornet is supposed to be a light version tank, although the tanky part still needs some improvement.
The Sabre is a stealth air superiority fighter. Currently shields are more effective then ship armor.
The Gladius and Arrow are light fighters, benefiting form their small cross section, good acceleration and agility.
The Defender is a boom and zoom fighter.

If you want to compliment the Vanguard, do you want to fill the capabilities the Vanguard doesn't has or do you want a light version Vanguard with the same fighting style?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I tried the Defender in VS. I reached wave 8 after a long fight. The Vanduul are more agile then the Defender. I did the same with the Delta, it is a light drifter, I completed VS in 15 minutes.
The Vanguard is a multi purpose tank.
The Hornet is supposed to be a light version tank, although the tanky part still needs some improvement.
The Sabre is a stealth air superiority fighter. Currently shields are more effective then ship armor.
The Gladius and Arrow are light fighters, benefiting form their small cross section, good acceleration and agility.
The Defender is a boom and zoom fighter.

If you want to compliment the Vanguard, do you want to fill the capabilities the Vanguard doesn't has or do you want a light version Vanguard with the same fighting style?
Good question. I think to fill the capabilities that the Vanguard doesn't have. My fleet is:
Carrack
Merc StarRunner
Sentinel (with Harby BUK)
I feel like I'd like a dedicated fighter, but also, if i fly it right, the Sentinel can be a dedicated fighter. I'd like to get into the game (still months away) and figure out what my flight style will be. I feel like I have an idea, but you never know until you play, lol. I do have a few hundred in store credit that I'm trying to decide how to best allocate, but damn, it's no easy decision, lol.

Forgot your password?