Strategy for soloing the 890 jump mission!

Treasureknight

Captain
Sep 11, 2019
RSI Handle
Treasureknight
I've done the the 890 jump mission a few times now and developed a way to complete the mission on time soloing it. Be mindful situations may vary and the strategy may not work. Also, I've been doing this mission around microtech and spawning at port tresslar. The best way to get the mission in the first place is to join a server and within 1 minute check your missions in the general feed. Once you have the mission grab a ship that you can dog fight in and head over to the distress beacon. Note I've noticed the marker wont appear on your star map but if you zoom out enough it will appear. Jump to the mission and take care of the two cutlass' guarding it.

890 jump part:
After defeating the two cutlass' EVA over to the open hanger and snipe with whatever gun you have the pirates inside BUT be careful of the crew dressed in white. After killing the pirates from outside STOP. Do not enter the 890 yet as that will set the mission timer off. Instead EVA to the windows of the conference room and try to identify if their are three guards present. If their are no guards than their is no reason to visit that part of the ship but if their present than the transmitter might be there on a wall in the conference section. Note transmitter wont appear by looking through the window, I've tested it. Next EVA on over to either side of the 890's doors toward the back of the ship. Note from here on you have to hustle and move like you have a purpose! Open the door and go in to activate the mission timer. Look down the hallway for the red transmitter and if its not there run to the door center of the hallway STOP. Their are guards in here and they will kill you. Don't enter the room and instead stand by the door to look right and left. If their are guards to the right and left of you than the transmitter is in one of the two doors they are guarding. You can choose what you would like to do here but most of the time if you engage the AI they will rush you, which is manageable as long as you are ready for possible 5 man rush. Another possibility is if you don't find the two guards to the right or left of the door is that the transmitter can be in the bridge, through this is rare to happen. Anyway! If you don't see the guards leave the ship and EVA out back to the hanger STOP. Check one more time for pirates in the hanger and if you don't see any go ahead land in the hanger on your feet like a cat. Next take the door to the left and clear the hallways, ignore the side rooms. Its rare but sometimes the pirates will surprise you and be in the hall. Pass the main elevator that can take you to the pool area and the bar/conference room and enter the cargo room STOP. Their can be 5-6 pirates in the cargo room but they are easy to take out. At the top of the stairs take out as many pirates as you can and look at the bottom right wall of the room to check if the red transmitter is there STOP. If you expose your self enough the last pirate will kill you by shooting through the glass railing. Note do not fight on the stairs since you will have no cover from the AI shooting you through the glass rail. If the transmitter is on the wall, sprint down the stairs and get cover behind the box to finish the pirate. If the transmitter is not there than leave imminently and call the elevator that you passed. Take the elevator to the top floor (bar/conference room) STOP. When you arrive at the top floor their could be a pirate waiting for you. Also, if you saw guards in the window previously than turn left from the elevator and clear them out. Go to the conference room and turn around to look at the back wall. The transmitter could be there and hopefully a dead pirate. NOTE at this point time is extremely limited. If you don't find the transmitter in the conference room, check the six rooms by the elevator. The transmitter could be on one of the mirrors.
To take care of the rest of the pirates be patent and always keep yourself in a better position if the remaining pirates decide to rush you. From the elevator push out the door that leads to the main area in the 890. Most of the remaining pirates could be on the top passageway. At this point its up to your skill to finish the fight. Completing this mission solo is very possible with the right choices and luck. I hope this helps people in some way in this mission. Happy New Year!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Nice review... now we only need for CIG to fix the stupid but with weapon not firing and been deleted form you inventory, they we can actually try to do some FPS mission.
At least for me I've never been able to complete an FPS mission in 3.8, either for weapon beinge deleted, NPC not spawing or mission objective not being updatet correctly...

Reactions: Treasureknight

Treasureknight

Captain
Sep 11, 2019
RSI Handle
Treasureknight
Nice review... now we only need for CIG to fix the stupid but with weapon not firing and been deleted form you inventory, they we can actually try to do some FPS mission.
At least for me I've never been able to complete an FPS mission in 3.8, either for weapon beinge deleted, NPC not spawing or mission objective not being updatet correctly...
There are some work arounds for the guns not firing. If you bind the inspect command to a key you can fix the issue by inspecting your gun.

Reactions: Bambooza

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Can you map that to a key?? Hmm nice to know I'll give it a try may prove the FPS mission more enjoable while waiting for a fix

Reactions: Treasureknight
Forgot your password?