Supitza's trimestrial vent / emotional rollercoaster

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I just logged into SC for the first time in a long, long time. As much as I'm still in love with the game and creep around the forums because I like you guys, I didn't bother actually playing the game because of the bugs.
With the new Apollo ships dedicated to the medical profession, which I'm very fond of and want to pursue in the game, I said "what the hell, I might buy one. let's see what the current state of the game is."
So I log into the PU. The EZ Hab door wouldn't open. I clicked and clicked and clicked, moved around a bit, clipped through the bed, clicked some more and it finally opened. I found my way to the ship request monitors, clicked my Cutlass Black and the screen was stuck on loading. Tried again. And again. I moved to another ship terminal, tried 2 more times and HUZZAH! My Cut Black was waiting on pad C01. I make my way to C01, open the back door of the Cutlass and started clipping through the button that was supposed to close the back door. Screw it, I can fly with the door open. Let me go to the pilot seat. But wait: the automatic door between the Cutlass' two rooms wouldn't open.
I Alt+F4'ed.
I'm not buying the Apollo.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Salut!

Sounds like a bit more bugs than usual.

Did you delete your USER folder before updating?

The first time I logged into 3.2, It would not let me qjump anywhere, no markers showed up for me to target.

After a quick user folder delete, everything worked.

Not saying this patch is not bug free, but its got a lot more content than last time.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Least you managed to leave the bed, eh? :grin:
But yeah, deleting the USER folder fixes a surprising amount of the bugs i've encountered (like, nearly half of them).

To be honest, i don't find the Apollo particularly impressive. Don't get me wrong, it seems like a great ship, but it just feels like it's missing something. I've found that, even after watching most of the videos they had, and discussing it with various people, the coolest part was still the little minigame they had on the concept sale page.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
If you don't feel like pledging more money, don't. Too many people have bought too many multicrew ships and most of them are going to want a licensed, er, good, um, alive? medic to help keep things going.

I am a little disappointed that they are saying the Cutlass Red will have one size 3 bed. It should swap between two size 3 or one size 2 beds. The ship with one size 3 bed should be the SAR Argo.

Amon Morell

Space Marshal
Jun 19, 2015
RSI Handle
Amon Morell
I just logged into SC for the first time in a long, long time. As much as I'm still in love with the game and creep around the forums because I like you guys, I didn't bother actually playing the game because of the bugs.
With the new Apollo ships dedicated to the medical profession, which I'm very fond of and want to pursue in the game, I said "what the hell, I might buy one. let's see what the current state of the game is."
So I log into the PU. The EZ Hab door wouldn't open. I clicked and clicked and clicked, moved around a bit, clipped through the bed, clicked some more and it finally opened. I found my way to the ship request monitors, clicked my Cutlass Black and the screen was stuck on loading. Tried again. And again. I moved to another ship terminal, tried 2 more times and HUZZAH! My Cut Black was waiting on pad C01. I make my way to C01, open the back door of the Cutlass and started clipping through the button that was supposed to close the back door. Screw it, I can fly with the door open. Let me go to the pilot seat. But wait: the automatic door between the Cutlass' two rooms wouldn't open.
I Alt+F4'ed.
I'm not buying the Apollo.
It could be a problem with the server you where on..
I was flying without any problems with my Cutlass Black today.
Btw. i did not delete my user folder this patch.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Welcome Back!

I get what you mean, for my last three visits to the PU I spawned ships with no engines, doors or interiors. Had to claim them on insurance every single time and even then it seems 50/50 as to if they return to a useable state.

I considered the Apollo and have had an absolute blast on the browser game - i've loved that thing... but the Apollo can be earned in game, once the game is playable. I have a Connie Taurus and am anti-social so having stranger spawn in my ship? Yeah, no.

That said i'm planning on getting the two 300 series I don't have. Gotta catch 'em all!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If you spend over $5000 in this game, there should be a new option in your settings menu:

Bugs = on

Turn to that to off and you will have a bug free experience.
You could be a King or humble Street Sweeper, sooner or later you dance with the reaper all suffer the same bugs.

You could buy the legotits package for $27,000 and still clip through a wall so I suppose it's the great leveler, from the base pledge all the way up to the most expensive ships in the game right now there is no discrimination - we all get bugs :slight_smile:

I just have to sit back and think to myself 'Next patch'll be the one' and if its not rinse and repeat.

I think 3.2 went a bit ropey after the empty store event... since then it's been a unstable for me whereas before it was smooooth even on a machine as old as mine.

One thing it has done is convinced me to hold off from upgrading my video card. Whats the point when people with a 1060 are having the same issues as me with my 750...

Maybe if we ask nicely they'll roll back to that until all the kinks have been ironed out again :slight_smile:

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Hey @supitza long time no see!

From what I see the PU is always really weird and buggy while they run the PTU.

Hang out and wait for 3.2.1 to get released to the PU and give it another shot (and yeah, delete your USER folder, too).

Good luck!

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I'll try to delete the USER folder and I'll report back. Thanks for the suggestion!
As for the Apollo, I really think it fits my playstyle: medium ship, small crew, medical. But I don't want to melt the Cutlass Red (it's the ship I want to start with when the game goes live) or the Hope (big income generator, I assume). So no Apollo unless I win the lottery. :)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
let's see what the current state of the game is.
Yeah... that is a shit load off bugs at once.... I sometimes had one or two of the bugs, not at once. Maybe because I stayed on top off it, my bugs were spread. You just saved them up a long time and get them all at once. Don't despair, once you worked through all off the bugs, it will become better.
So no Apollo unless I win the lottery.
What!!!!! You are THE medic guy, you can't wait for the lottery, LTI nowadays only is for Warbond or CCU

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
There is a problem though, even with deleting the User folder, not all of these bugs will disappear completely, but it might help.
You did good with the HAB door and the terminals. Your ship door that didn't open, you can also try moving away from the door, or sitting on something, a chair, or laying in a bed. When you stand up again this sometimes fixes the door that won't open.

This has to do with some tolerance issues SC has. The server frame rate is 30 FPS, so if your system can't process 30 FPS, chances are it is missing data from the server and your client becomes a little confused. If you move away from Port Olisar, the bugs become less frequent. Your experience can be affected by server issues, but more likely there are either connection issues between your computer and the server or your computer simply isn't processing the 40 GB Data.4PK file it needs to work. Anything that prevents your computer from processing 30 FPS can cause bugs to appear.

Then, we also have issues that affect everyone on a server. This usually starts off small with one server affected, then grows to affect all of the servers. It usually means there is a memory leak somewhere in the server code. That's easy enough to cause if you're a C++ developer, and very hard to fix, but CIG doesn't seem to respond very quickly to this kind of thing, or even properly acknowledge them. like when the stores stop carrying inventory, or trade stops for everyone. In the "next patch's notes" you'll see entries like "Fixed 3 server crashes, 5 client crashes" when they're addressing these, but there isn't an indication of what we can test so they can determine if the "fix" was a "fix" or they chased a rabbit.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
get what you mean, for my last three visits to the PU I spawned ships with no engines, doors or interiors. Had to claim them on insurance every single time and even then it seems 50/50 as to if they return to a useable state.
You might want to consider asking for an account reset if this persists through the next patch in the PU. There seems to be a problem where data in the PU asset server can become a little corrupted. They can rebuild it from the hanger data, but you'll lose any aUEC you accumulated, and anything you've bought since the current patch was released. Hey though, if you start off a new patch losing all of your aUEC, you can get it back this way.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
You might want to consider asking for an account reset if this persists through the next patch in the PU. There seems to be a problem where data in the PU asset server can become a little corrupted. They can rebuild it from the hanger data, but you'll lose any aUEC you accumulated, and anything you've bought since the current patch was released. Hey though, if you start off a new patch losing all of your aUEC, you can get it back this way.
Thanks for the tip, when the hull of my Constellation spawned with nothing in it, not even the cargo bay door, I EVA'd in through the top turret and had the most eerie walk through the ship i've ever had. Was almost like it was an abandoned wreck underwater...

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
first time i ever logged in the game last year i had some wicked crazy bugs but it was all on my side due to some files being corrupted i fell into a big empty space fell through the floor got knocked super far from a connie i was in deep into space so on so forth. I then installed again once 3.0 came out got planetside lagged like made maybe 2 frames a second then went to pop my nox and my nox popped up sideways i got on it it didnt correct itself then got off it and began falling into the center of the planet. Lol i havnt played it since but eventually will when things iron out and i get a computer upgrade. so yeah it may be your files both times after i cleared everything and did a full install all my issues disappeared.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
first time i ever logged in the game last year i had some wicked crazy bugs but it was all on my side due to some files being corrupted i fell into a big empty space fell through the floor got knocked super far from a connie i was in deep into space so on so forth. I then installed again once 3.0 came out got planetside lagged like made maybe 2 frames a second then went to pop my nox and my nox popped up sideways i got on it it didnt correct itself then got off it and began falling into the center of the planet. Lol i havnt played it since but eventually will when things iron out and i get a computer upgrade. so yeah it may be your files both times after i cleared everything and did a full install all my issues disappeared.
Thats good to know. I might try verifying the files and then reinstall.

Reactions: Bambooza

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Hey @supitza nice chatting with you..sorry I couldn't stick around...I crashed 5 min after starting up...one second I'm landing my Freelancer at Oli, I get the nice "Landing Complete -- Have a pleasant stay!", I get out of my ship and BOOM -- crash! -- I start back up again, and I'm right back where I left off! Except, now all of a sudden I have a CRIMESTAT! And there is nobody and nothing on the pad with me anymore...sigh...so I rush to Kareah to erase my crime stat, even ask if anybody is there, and get shot in the back when trying to erase it...

...and then it was time to walk the dog. Hopefully things went better for you!

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Hey @supitza nice chatting with you..sorry I couldn't stick around...I crashed 5 min after starting up...one second I'm landing my Freelancer at Oli, I get the nice "Landing Complete -- Have a pleasant stay!", I get out of my ship and BOOM -- crash! -- I start back up again, and I'm right back where I left off! Except, now all of a sudden I have a CRIMESTAT! And there is nobody and nothing on the pad with me anymore...sigh...so I rush to Kareah to erase my crime stat, even ask if anybody is there, and get shot in the back when trying to erase it...

...and then it was time to walk the dog. Hopefully things went better for you!
Same here.
I looked for a quest item for about 20 minutes, I finally found it and when I entered my Cutlass I died spontaneously and respawned in the EZ Hab. NO QUEST FOR YOU!

Forgot your password?