Surface device as a switch panel?

JaqHass

Captain
Donor
Apr 17, 2015
RSI Handle
JaqHass
I'm planning to join the hotas club some time in the future. As i understand there can never be enough buttons for a hotas user. So if anybody know of any app that could help at all it would be great! I'm sure i'm not the only one who would appreciate it.

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
just posting here so i can find those app links later :p i can see dedicating a tablet for SC

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
just posting here so i can find those app links later :p i can see dedicating a tablet for SC
Yeah you can get cheap 7 inch tablet for under $50 any day or 9 inch ones for 70 or less any day as well. So it can be an easy piece of hardware to add :) or just use it as a star map :P

FortuneBlack

Rear Admiral
Dec 26, 2015
RSI Handle
FortuneBlack
I use powergrid quite a bit and I really like it.

Modifying it to suit your needs is really easy too.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Yeah I suggest a cheap android tablet paired with Roccat powergrid app. Will set you back $50 max.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I want to get a dual joystick combo like in this video. Combined with a tablet or two and those apps you could get a setup like it shows in the actual ship possibly. Total immersion!!! lol

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Surprised noones mentioned Roccat Power Grid yet. Havent found anything better :D
http://www.roccat.org/en-SE/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/Home/
Ok so I just spent the last 5 hours using,play with and tinkering with this software. I officially give this software my stamp of approval. At this time I do not believe there is anything better out there. I would also like to add that you can get profiles for other games or just make them so if you need to buy a tablet just for this it is a solid purchase with many uses, even if only for a system/media control or display. Future testing I will try multiple tablets (and see just how many I can).

EDIT: Side note if I end up using this at PU launch I will make a panel for the tablets with a usb power brick and powered hub for my throttle. Most likely worth it.

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
my only problem with tablet based systems like Roccat is that they are EYE based systems: meaning you have to remove your eyes from the screen and cockpit to see where to push a button. I've tried working with Roccat several times, but it just feels awkward to me. With one hand on my throttle and one hand on my stick, it's definitely a remove and look for the accuracy of touch a tablet needs.

TinMan710

Lieutenant
Dec 17, 2015
RSI Handle
TinMan710
That's the main drawback I've noticed when using Roccat, is having to shift your eyes from one screen to another. This can get a little trickier in AC too, as reaction time becomes a little more critical. This might not be the best option for fighter pilots, but I could see a good many uses for this with multi-crew ships.

Reactions: Feral Oxide

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Tried powergrid on my phone and works great! I use Hokas atm having these extra controls near my left hand is very nice.

LTGenFalcon

Captain
Nov 17, 2016
RSI Handle
Lt.GenFALCON
PowerGrid works fine ;-) I'm using 4 ipad3's and every response is very sexy :p

I just wish there where some new templates for the newer ships available ;-(

Sabre, C. Andromeda, laters the DragonFly, laters the Carrack... will be sweet ;-)

PM if you found some, o7

Forgot your password?